Lone Mission

Months had passed and there was nothing on Bucky. Nothing but dead ends and more dead ends. The possibility of him being out there somewhere with no memeory was driving you crazy. So much so that Steve asked Sam to keep a close eye on you. Even steve knew that this was effecting you big time.
Steve was dealing with the aftermath of the Hydra infiltration so he left you and Sam the task of finding Bucky. Or more like you insisted on helping Sam find Bucky. Today you found yourself in a crappy motel in the middle of nowhere. The lead you had, a dead end of course. There's a knock at the door.

"Come in" you say.
You already knew it was Sam.
"So, you're not even gonna check who it is" he says as he closes the door behind him.
You roll your eyes.

"I have to go. I'll be back as soon as I can. And please, don't go chasing any leads on Bucky without me."
You roll your eyes as he continues.
"I know you want him back just as bad as Steve, but he's not that guy you knew a long time ago. I don't want you getting hurt. He's dangerous."

"He wouldn't hurt me" you say confidently.
"Don't be so sure." He replied.
Sam meant well, but of course you'd chase any lead with or without him if it meant finding Buck. You thought about him every night before you went to sleep. Wondering what he was doing, how scared he might be. How alone he must be feeling.
It wasn't until the next day an anonymous tip came in saying he was spotted in Bucharest. Where in Bucharest? You didn't know. But it didn't stop you from booking a flight immediately. Despite the lead being vague, you quickly hatch a plan and book a hotel room. You and Bucky always spoke about traveling the world together. The place you remember talking about the most was Romania. So this just felt right.

The whole plane ride you were anxious. Could Bucky really hurt you? Surely if he recognized Steve he'd recognize you too. Right?

You landed in Bucharest. Exhausted, you decided to take a nap and start your search in the morning. Checking into your room was quite difficult.
"I should learned Romanian instead of Russian" you say under your breath to yourself.
When you finally got to your room you drop like a ton of bricks on the bed and pass out.

You woke up to a text from Sam: "Hope everything is fine. I'll be back in a day or so."

You replied: "Everything is fine. Hopefully I'll be back before you"

He didn't reply back so you tossed the phone to the side and went about getting ready for the day. After you showered and all that, you headed out for breakfast.

Your server showed you to your table. You were happy that she spoke English. As you sat at the table at the back of the restaurant you watched everyone. You started to regret coming by yourself. You missed Sam and his one liners. You put on your Bluetooth headset and called Nat. You needed her to guide you through hacking the city's security cams. Hopefully, with using the face recognition technology SHIELD has, you can let the machines do all the work.
"Hello" said Nat.
"Nat, I need your help." you say.
"I'm a bit busy" she says.
you could hear the commotion in the background. She let out a grunt as if she just hit someone with all her might. 2 seconds later she says
"Ok, what's up" as if she wasn't just kicking ass a second ago.
You explained to her your situation. She tells you step by step slowly and carefully what to do. She knew you were not good with all the technology of today.
After about 30 minutes of her explaining something that would have taken her 1 minute to do, You let her get back to her mission.
"If you need anything else, don't hesitate to call" she says before hanging up. End of chapter

Thank you so much for being patient with me. Ive been going through alot and a
Im glad that im back at my happy place. Thank you all for the votes. It really means alot