Green Day- Billie Joe Armstrong

Imagine: Billie was deployed to Afghanistan a year ago and you get a call while performing with your uncles that changes everything.

Soldier! Billie Joe Armstrong x Daughter! Reader
Age: 16

(Your POV)

September 10, 2017

I strummed Blue softly as I hummed the lyrics to Still Breathing. It's been a year, a year without my dad. Nothing for contact except a 5 minute phone conversation every 3 months! 3 months ago he said he was coming back in a few months, he promised. There was a knock on my door "It's open!" Uncle Mike walked in "Hey mini Armstrong ready for the concert tonight?" He asked with a bit of excitement "I was born ready!" Mike laughed "Tre should be over in a bit and I think he had coffee this morning..." I got off my bed and I walked passed Mike I patted his shoulder "Good luck trying to contain him" Mike turned around and faced me "Don't think your not going to help me" As he said that I bolted out of my room turning the corner of the hallway, running down the staircase. "Get your ass back here!" I heard Mike shout as he chased after me, when I reached the bottom of the steps I ran into the kitchen "Morning Brittney!" I greeted her as I ran into the walk in pantry and closed the door behind me. "Where'd she go?" Mike said as he walked in the kitchen "Music room" Brittney replied, one of the reasons I love Brittney; she always covers for me. I heard Mike take off and that was my cue to walk back into the kitchen "Would it have been mean if I asked if he could get me some cereal?" I faked a hurt expression "And sell out your favorite 16 year old, yea it would have been mean" She giggled as i walked to the living room. Next thing i knew i was being carried over someones shoulder "Ugh, Uncle Tre put me down!" "Tsk tsk, oh young Armstrong when will you learn" he replied taking me to the music room where Mike was looking for me as I banged on his back in protest. "Found her!" Tre yelled, I looked at my watch is was 4:45 the concert started at 7 "C'mon I need to go somewhere before sound check!" "Where to your boyfrie-?" Tre cut himself off when Mike gave him a stern look "Go just be back before 6" Mike told me. Tre set me down and I ran to put Blue in his case to leave.

(Mike's POV)

I plucked my bass off its stand when I heard the front door slam, it was (Y/N)'s way of letting me know she left. I was ready to start yelling at Tre but I had to keep level-headed. "Tre what's today?" I asked "Uh Sunday..." "Its Beej's dad's death-date!" I hissed, Tre immediately looked apologetic "Shit sorry man!" "Y/N went to the cemetery to visit his grave because not only is it the 10th but it's Grandparent's Day..."

(Back to Y/N's POV)

I pedaled as fast as I could to the cemetery which was a good 10 minute bike ride from Mike's house. I finally got there and hopped off my bike walking it around until I found the gravestone I was looking for under one of the big oak trees.

Andrew "Andy" Armstrong
Died September 10, 1982
Loving husband and father of  six

I sat down in front of the gravestone setting Blue down next to me. "Hey grandpa, dads still not back yet... but he will be soon! I brought Blue to sing you a song" I pulled out Blue from his case and strummed to make sure he was still in tune. Then I strummed to a fimiliar song

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends
Like my father's come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends