Chapter 1

Luna's pov

Hi my name is Luna Grace Ocean and I'm 17 years old turning 18 in three days. I'm about 5'4" and slim yet muscular, I have teal eyes that were once bright, and blonde hair. I live in the small town of Lunar Lake, Oregon, U.S. My favourite colour is teal and my favourite animal is the wolf. I also love to listen to 80s music and draw, especially wolves. I am in grade 12 and attend Lunar Lake High School. I have always been the shy, loner, practically mute, straight A student in my class. I have no friends in school, but I don't mind it; I can take all the dirty looks, name calling, beatings, and bullying. I'd rather be at school then at home. Let's start from were my life started to turn sour.

Before about two and a half years ago I was part of a typical family of four, that was until late one September night when my 10 year old brother, Josh, decided to go to his friends house for a sleepover. Josh's friend's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harris, had just come to pick up Josh; he got in the car with them and went off for the sleepover. Around a half an hour later the phone rang, my mom picked it up, a few seconds later she began to cry very hard and she had to sit down. It was the police, my brother had been involved in a car accident, the car he was in was struck by a drunk driver. The drunk driver died at the scene and my brother was rushed to the hospital. Mr. and Mrs. Harris both received minor injuries but nothing to major.

               After my mom hung the phone up, we ran to the car, got in, and rushed to the hospital. When we got there we were directed to the waiting room because Josh was on the operating table. After three hours of waiting the doctor came in and told us the news, my brother was alive but almost brain dead at the moment. He wasn't wearing his seat belt and had been thrown out the front windshield. There was very little chance that he would ever fully recover and was on life support. My parents spent every single minute they could in his hospital room for the next two weeks.

               Two weeks after the accident the hospital was able to take Josh off of life support, as he recovered enough to breathe on his own. He also was able to chew his food if you fed it to him, but he couldn't move anything, not even his face, and he just stared up at the ceiling. Unfortunately he would never recover much after that, he was official brain dead.

                For the first month after the accident I spent my days either crying, in Josh's hospital room talking to him, or at school. I rarely got any sleep and if I did fall asleep, I would be awoken by a nightmare minutes later.  This was when my life started to turn to hell. My parents would start fighting about how it was each others fault that Josh was in the hospital. Sometimes it would get so bad that my mom would go and spend the night at the hospital; those nights usually ended up with my dad passed out on the couch from drinking too much.

              I hated when this happened because it meant that I would have to clean up after my dad and to do that I would have to pass by Josh's room. I mean I was broken inside, I had pretty much lost my brother and I would never get him back. It had taken big toll on my life and nothing would change that. After the accident I became the person I am today, quiet, shy, a loner, scared, having trust issues, practical mute girl.

           The mornings that I would to clean up were where the abuse first started. If I didn't have time in the morning or I forgot to clean up, I would be slapped across the face by my dad and he would make sure I was late for class. At the high school, if you were late for class, you got one hour of detention. So when I would get home, my parents (my mom was back from the hospital) would ask why I was late, I would tell them that I accidentally took to long at lunch, to spare my dad from getting into another fight with my mom.

          After three weeks of this, my dad started to become an alcoholic and was drunk most of the time, which ended in even more arguments. Soon my mom started to get very depressed and started drinking herself. By this time my dad had started to slap, punch, kick, and harass me even worse than before. The only things I could wear to school at this point were long sleeve shirts and long pants.

At school, this is when all the bulling started. By this time, most of the kids at school had forgotten about my brother and stopped giving me sympathy. So when they saw me moping around the halls, they would say things like," oh, look at the crybaby over there. I bet all she does is cry about how her life is sooooo horrible, hahahaha," and then they would sometimes even come up to me and kick me. I was still doing all my homework and assignments throughout all of this, and that would fire them up even more.

A year after the accident, both of my parents were alcoholics, they were both blaming me for Josh being in the hospital and they were both beating on me really bad. I had become the slave of the house, I was only allowed to have a thin blanket, a small mattress, 5 sets of 'cloths', an old iPod, and I could only do homework, clean the house, make meals, and be bossed around by my parents. I wasn't even allowed to sleep more then five hours a night. School also started to get very bad, everyone was against me for some unknown reason and I was being pushed around, beaten upon, talked to rudely, and isolated. It was especially bad from the school sluts and the school jocks.

Until a year ago I had stayed strong throughout all of the torture, but I finally broke when my dad came into my room (it was the attic) very drunk and pinned me down on my mattress. He then proceeded to start taking my cloths off as well as his all while making sure I could not get out of his grasp. What he did next was the unthinkable, he raped me, taking away the only thing I had left, my virginity. I kicked, screamed, cried and prayed, anything to try and get him off me and stop, but nothing worked; he was too large and strong for me to fight back. After he left, I ran into the bathroom in the hallway, locked the door, grabbed a razor, and broke down as I sat curled up in the corner of the shower. I hide and cried in there for two hours until I got myself under control, then I took a razor blade and dragged it across my wrist. I felt all the fear, stress, pain, but and sadness go away, the blood coming out of my wrist was taking away all of the emotional pain I had endured.

I kept the razor blade on me all the time after that and cut whenever I needed to, which was a lot. Now all I have are thousands of scares on my wrists, thighs, and abdomen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi whoever is reading this, I'm JesKov, the writer of this book, and I would just like to thank you for reading my book. This is the first book I have ever made and so far I am very pleased with how it is turning out. If your name or town has been used in the book, please don't leave mean comments I don't mean any offence, I tried my hardest to make things original but it is harder than I thought it would be. If this book starts to sound like another book out there please let me know and suggest how to make it different so I can change the plot a little. Also if you have any suggestions on where I should go with this book let me know and I might just use them. Again thank you so much for reading my book and I hope you enjoy how it turns out. I do not mean to offend anyone on the sensitive topics in the story, as I know some people have or are going through this.