Chapter 4

Jessie's pov

    When the buzzer rang, the torture of biology finally ended. I walked to my locker and put my books away. I then walked out of the school and towards my car. As I got to my car, I looked towards the forest in time to catch Luna walking into it, most likely to her clearing. Go to Mate, go talk to MATE!!       Sorry Knight, we have to go home, we need to tell mom and dad about Luna.      Fine, he huffed and retreated to the back of my mind. I got into my car, started the engine, and drove out of the parking lot towards the pack house.

Once I reached the pack house, I parked my car in the garage and walked into the house. As I shut the door behind me, my mom stuck her head out the kitchen door, " How was the first day of school?" I walked into the kitchen, smiled to my mom and sat down on a bar stool. "It was great, where's dad?" "He is in his office working" "okay thanks mom" with that I got up, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, walked down the hall, and knocked on my fathers office door. "Come in," I opened the door and walked in. My dad's office was a medium sized room, with book shelves along all the walls and a huge picture window behind the desk over looking some of the territory. There was two couches to the right of the door with a coffee table between them. The oak desk in the middle had two chairs in front of it and was full of papers, files, and a computer.

My dad looked up from his work and smiled, "How was the first day of school?" I looked at him and smiled, " It was great" "that's good, so what do you need, sweetie?" I smiled even more, "Well I think I found my mate." It took a minute for my dad to register what I said, but once it registered, he got up from his chair, walked over to me and hugged me. "I'm so happy for you sweetheart, does your mother know yet?" "No I wanted you to be the first to know, I will call her in now." "okay, who is this girl and where is she?" Yes both my parents already know I'm a lesbian. 'Mom, could you please come to dad's office?'  Soon there was a small knock on the door and my mother came in. My dad lead us over to the couches, I sat on one and my parents sat across from me. My mom looked at my slightly worried, "what's wrong honey, did something happen?" She starts to get angry, "If someone did somethi..." I laugh slightly, "No mom, everything's fine. I just think I found my mate at school today."

My mom looked at me, got up, walked over to me, and hit me on the head. "Ow, what was that for?" "Why was I not the first to know of this. I'm your mother, the one that gave birth to you!" I laugh nervously "sorry mom." She smiled and hugged me tightly, "I'm so happy for you. Where is she?" "Um, well that's the problem. Her scent is of something I have never smelt before. She's definitely not a human or vampire, but her scent isn't that of a full wolf either." My parents looked confused at this part, "what does her scent smell like then?" "It's the most wonderful mix between pine needles/the forest, salt water, and fresh wild strawberries." I said in a dreamy way. "Hmm, well she must be part wolf, which pack is she from?" "I don't think she knows that she is not human and that there are other species in the world." My parents sit there confused and shocked. "When is her birthday then, if she already has the scent then her shift can't be too far away" my dad asked. "Yeah, when my wolf talked to her wolf, she said that Luna's birthday is the day after tomorrow" "Well I suggest you tell her what she is and about our kind soon" my dad stated. Yes you should tomorrow morning before school starts, or I will. Okay Knight, tell her wolf our plans "yeah I will tomorrow before school" "okay and maybe even bring her here" my mom smiled at me while saying this. I smiled back, "is that a suggestion or request?" We all laughed and then I got up and left the office. I walked to my room and started doing my homework at my desk.

I closed my books as I finished my homework and look over at the clock, "Wow, I can't believe it's only 6:23 pm." Just as I said that, the top of my head felt like it was being set on fire and then I felt small sharp pains all over my body along with some not so small pains in the stomach. I clutched my stomach and doubled over, "What the heck, I wasn't even touched" MATE, MATE IS BEING HURT. GO RUN TO MATE!!! I stare wide eyed at my desk for a second, what my wolf screamed in my head, not sinking in. Once I realized what he was trying to tell me, I quickly get up, run to my balcony and jump off shifting in midair. I land perfectly on my paws and run as fast as I can in the direction where Luna's scent is the strongest, snarling and growling the whole way as I'm so furious someone would hurt my beautiful mate.