Chapter 3

Jessie's pov

Jessie's pov

I just nicely finished unpacking my room when my future beta Jackson linked me, 'Hey dude, remember to go to bed earlier then midnight tonight ok, we have to wake up at 7 am for school tomorrow.' I groaned, 'ok fine.' I flopped down on bed and tried to go to sleep. Yes I am a werewolf, and my father is the Alpha of the Shadow Paw Pack. You can always tell if someone is a human or supernatural by their scent. A werewolves scent always has some kind of forest scent while a vampires scent always has the smell of blood. My dad, Alpha Brent, will hand his title down to me once I find my mate. A werewolf's mates is the person they are made for and will live the rest of their lives with. Once you find your mate you feel the urge to be with them all the time and you feel complete once you finish the mating ritual. A person usually finds their mate at 18 to 20, but sometimes you have to wait longer.

On a werewolves 18th birthday they will get their wolf and first shift, it is very painful and long the first time but after that it is short (just a couple seconds) and easy. I just had my 18th birthday 3 months ago and it was the most agonizing thing ever, but now I have my wolf Knight, a pure white wolf with some dark grey and black near the butt and tail, with green eyes.

      By the way my name is Jessie Thorn, I am a demigirl and a lesbian, my favourite colour is black and I am in grade 12. I am the soon to be Alpha of the Shadow Paw Pack and my mate will be the Luna of the pack; yes I will be a 'female' alpha but my wolf, Knight, is a male so you can see why I'm a strange case and why I identify as I do. I have green eyes, short brown hair, and am 6'1".

If you were wondering why I just unpacked my room, well my dad decided to move the pack and claim the no man's land just outside of Lunar Lake, a town that sprung up due to humans as well as rouges that made their home on this previously unclaimed land. We arrived yesterday and spent the entire day unpacking, we got most of the shared rooms done, but everyone still had their bedrooms. It was a long process, but everyone finally got settled in tonight. 'Night Jess, remember school tomorrow.' And with that I fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------In The Morning-----------------------------------------

             I woke up at 6:30 am and decided that I would just stay awake, today felt special for some reason and my mind wouldn't let me stop thinking about my mate that I have yet to meet. I got out of bed and hopped in the shower for around 15 minutes. Then I put on a pair of black jeans, a white tee with a black leather jacket, as well as my black combat boots, and went downstairs to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I grabbed some bacon, eggs, hash browns, and bread and preceded to make fried bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, and toast. When everything was done cooking, I put it all on a plate, grabbed a glass of orange juice, and went to the dining room table. I slowly ate everything and when I was finished, I cleaned it all up. I went back up to my room and listened to some music while I waited for everyone else to get up.