Chapter 2

Luna's pov

        I woke up with a jolt from a nightmare and checked my iPod to see what time it was. When I realized it was only 5:48 am, I smiled; I have some time to take a quick bath before I have to make breakfast. Today was Monday and that means they would want omelettes and spiked coffee for breakfast, and that they would wake up at around 8:00. That would mean I would also have a little time to clean the living room, last night they had a little too much to drink and were so drunk that they barely made it to their room. I got out of 'bed' and went down stairs into the hallway bathroom, I ran some water in the tub and got in; the water bringing warmth to my freezing body.

          20 minutes later I got out of the bath, I ran quietly up to my room and put on a pair of ripped old jeans and a teal long sleeved shirt. I put on some light natural makeup to cover the cuts and bruises on my face to the best of my ability and spent an hour cleaning up the living room. It's 7:22, so I need to get breakfast started. I silently ran downstairs and into the small kitchen. I then grabbed eggs, green onion, onion, milk, pepper, some small pieces of ham, some shredded cheese, a bowl and a small frying pan. I mixed the ingredients in the bowl, put the frying pan on the stove, and put half of the mixture into the frying pan; then I went and grabbed coffee grinds and a bottle of Baileys.

          By the time the first omelette was done and on a plate, the coffee machine had made a pot of coffee. I got two coffee cups, opened the bottle of Baileys, pored 3/4 cup of coffee in each cup, and topped it off with the liquor. Once I had finished this, I took the second omelette off and put it on a second plate, then I put both plates and coffee cups on the table. After that was done and I finished cleaning up, I grabbed a little glass of water and a granola bar, and went up to my room; at least I could eat something.

       When I heard my parents get up, I hid everything out of sight, cleaned up what little I had in my room, and made my bed. After they went down stairs to eat their breakfast and when I didn't hear any complaining, I put on my old black vans and silently crept down the stairs with my beat up school bag and my old jean jacket, and went out the back door.

        Once I was outside, I slowly made my way with my head down to school, when I got there I saw a bronze 1971 Plymouth GTX pull up to the school and park in the parking lot. Once it was parked, a girl around my age with short brown hair stepped out. She was about 6'1" and muscular build, she had broad shoulders, a strong jaw, beautiful green eyes, and was wearing a white tee with a black leather jacket and black jeans. As I walked into the school, she walked in behind me. When I accidentally dropped my book and stopped to pick it up, she bumped into me making me feel a strange but almost comforting tingling sensation and making me fall over, flat on my face.

         "Sorry, I wasn't looking were I was walking, here let me help you," she said, and as she was helping me we made eye contact and it was like all I saw was the green of her eyes, nothing else in the world mattered, I almost felt safe. She broke the eye contact and just looked at my books, I felt so embarrassed. "Hey, um I was wondering if you could help me find the office, I need to get my schedule," I looked up at her and nodded my head as a reply.

          After I showed her to the office, I walked to my locker. Once I got there I saw Serena and her little gang of sluts, Serena was the biggest slut in school and always liked to push me around. "I heard the new girl pushed you over, not even someone who knows you can respect you, you piece of trash" she sneered with a cackle of laughter. "I bet your mother is more proud of her for treating you right then she is of you. Just don't infect her with anything you are carrying or else I'll have to tell your mother that you stole a friend from me with your lies, or maybe sick my boyfriend and his team on you." She gave me a quick glare before spinning on her heels and walking away, laughing with her gang in tow.