eight; monday

R I L E Y

It was the day that we agreed to begin our 'relationship'. Sounds silly, I know. But, that is Farkle for you: a planner and a smart boy, to say the least. Everybody knew about our 'test' and agreed that we are nuts.

I was freaking out about the week, well, because I didn't know what to expect. I can't be in love with my best friend; I just have to convince him. Right?

I pulled my hair out of my messy bun, curled it, did my makeup, and chose my outfit. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled; I looked good.

"Riley Eleanor, where in the world are you?" I heard Maya call from downstairs. I ran out, hopping on one foot, slipping my flats on. Once I came into her sight, her eyes widened and she chuckled. "Wow, someone is putting some effort in for Minkus?"

"He said to act, and I quote, the same as if we were dating." I said in my best impression of him as she smirked and walked out the door. 

"Let's go, flirty."

F A R K L E

"Dude, I am freaking out here." I said in a huff as I paced Abigail Adams hallways.

Zay chuckled at my nervousness. "What happened to that confidence, man?"

"Since I have a week to prove myself!" I added defensively.

"And, you better make it good." A voice piped up behind us. I spun around to see Lucas standing there, his hands in his pocket as he looked at the ground.

"Oh, he-hey Lucas."

"I need to apologize." He began. "I loved Riley, yes. But, I see how we aren't so compatible. I see how you and Riley are compatible. I want to stay you guys' friend. How 'bout it?"

I smiled at his new attitude. "Yeah, we would like that."

"Also, bud, just be yourself. That is how you'll prove yourself; you're as sweet as guys get, Farkle. Well, see you at class. Good luck!" and with that he was gone.

"Yeah, just be you. She already loves you; I know it." Zay agreed and walked off.

Great.

M A Y A

We walked into the school and went right into our class. Riley turned around and smiled at Farkle, who already looked as pale as a ghost. What happened to our confident little Fark?

The day seemed to drag on, but finally the bell rang. Riley sat in her chair, realizing that she had to act like a girlfriend. I raised an eyebrow at her behavior but pushed her out the door. "Go."

I patted myself on the back and went on my way. I ran into Zay and Lucas. We both eyed the two of them, standing far apart, not speaking. I sighed, "How do you think this will go?"

"They'll fall for each other." we all said in unison and went our separate ways."

I have to help them. They are the Riley and Farkle: best friends since birth. Goals.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to each of them.

farkle: if you don't start talking!

riley: if you don't start talking!

They both pulled out their phones, read the message and looked at eachother.

"Hey." they said in unison.

"Maya?" Farkle asked.

"Yeah, Maya."

F A R K L E

This is not how you win a girl over. I need confidence again.

"Riley, want to go to the park? We could pick up slurpees too." I asked. I was hoping my new-found confidence was showing, and it was.

"Oh, yes!" She said in her cheery voice that melted me.

"Then, let's go, girlfriend." I grinned as she blushed at my comment.

"M'kay, boyfriend." She smirked and grabbed my hand, leading my out the door and running to the park, me, dragging behind. We got slurpees and then stopped when we passed the playground.

"Should we go to the bridge like teenagers, or play on the playground like children?" I asked.

"Hmm, playground!" she giggled.

"That giggle is still my favorite sound in the world."

She smiled at my comment, batting her long lashes unknowingly. I bit my lip as I became lost in daydream. Her long hair blew in the air as she ran over to the swing.

"Want to swing?" Her voice broke me from my day dream. I nodded and accepted her offer, joining her on the swing closest to her. We swung and she laughed as she slid off multiple times.

My cheeks turned red as she slipped her hand into mine as we stood up to leave. She looked at me and smirked. "I thought you wanted me to act as if we were dating?"

"I do. Always." I said, a huge smile on my face.

R I L E Y

The walk home wasn't too long, but just long enough to talk a bit. We talked about everything: from science to friendships, to us. When we arrived at my apartment door, he just stood there. It was almost like he was contemplating something, big.

Then he leaned in and kissed me and ran off. I walked in, my eyes bulging. I smirked as I thought and smiled. I may be beginning to like my best friend.

(a/n; yes, finally an episode! comment any ideas for the week of their relationship!! anddd go!)