Chapter 17: Flashback (Unedited)

There stood a little slightly chubby 3 year old girl hand held with her mother's. Her short pink hair and dark pink eyes were scanning around a new environment completely new to her. She was hiding behind her beautiful young mother while her father was negotiating with a surgeon.

"Yes, I know. " Her father says. she looked at the man with a white lab coat got up from his seat and left. The girl named, Katsumi, let go of her mother's hand and went next to her father who was sitting in front of a desk. 

"Daddy, what are you doing?" Katsumi looks at her father with her big doe eyes. The little Katsumi, so innocent yet so exposed to the outside world. Always being bullied for her looks then she soon started to get anxious around people who she doesn't know. America can be a great yet terrible place sometimes for the little ones and having her older twin in Japan. He life was just... Unpredictable sometimes.

Her parents separating Katsumi and Satsuki apart because bullying was taking place but having Katsumi transfer to another school all the way to America is just so far away from her twin. They were like two peas in a pot but now they are separated and yet, Katsumi's anxiety is getting worse around with other people

America is even worse for her, her pink hair and dark pink eyes does not fit around the American culture. She doesn't belong here yet she's still here. Her father had found a hospital especially for people who has anxiety and offers free treatment to those children below the age of 19.

"Everything is going to be alright," Her father smiled and pat her small head. "The doctor will fix you right up." His radiant smile made Katsumi smile with happiness. Although she was young, she still understood what her father meant. "Now how about you go outside with your mother for a while." 

"Okay, daddy!"

Katsumi was back to holding her mother's soft hand as she stroll down the halls to go to the garden. She was looking around cautiously at the nurses and doctors. She examined their smiling faces and oddly happy body movements. It was quite strange yet she didn't think too much about it.

They finally made it outside to the garden completely filled with green. Patients were walking next to their nurses as they walk past them. Katsumi's mother let go of her hand with her's since she knew Katsumi wants to run around and play for a while before being confined to the hospital room which is going to be a few minutes to a hour time.

Katsumi walked around slowly still not sure if she should trust these people but since her parents were here, she knew they will protect her. She looked at some of the patients face to see smiles, frowns and troubled looks.

It was rather weird for her to see those kinds of expressions but still went along with it. Inside her, she got a feeling something was wrong with these people or maybe hospital. Unbeknownst to her, her mother was looking at her daughter worriedly. She knew what was going to happen next and that is surgery. 

They have been told to take their daughter to this hospital because of a doctor in their regular hospital which they used to go to. They trust that hospital a lot and their usual doctor but now they are in a new one with a new doctor. The parents had hard time trusting people these days since te world has evolved into killing, drugs, rape, etc. 

But now they are here waiting for Makoto, Katsumi's father, to sign the papers to proceed to the surgery their new surgeon, Dr Phill, had told them about through the phone. They were much to busy to visit the hospital and it is their first time coming here along with their daughter.

Katsumi continues to observe her surroundings while her mother was talking to her husband through the phone. "I'll bring her now," Hana Momoi looks at her little girl with worry in her eyes."I'm just so worried, Makoto. What happens if something goes wrong." Hana's troubled smile made it's way to Makoto's mind. "Yes, I know... I'm going to bring here now." With that, she ended the phone call and walked a bit slower than usual to Katsumi.

~~♡~~

Katsumi was laid on a mattress in the operation room with her parents by her side saying their last words before leaving the hospital due to the urgent phone call they just received. Hana was in tears and Makoto was holding her by the waist while forcing a smile. They made their way out of the room entrusting their daughter to the surgeon.

Katsumi looks around the room to see the surgeon and nurses waiting fir something. A signal may be. I was starting to get worried every passing second because of their behaviour and the room she was in. 

The door opened with a nurse pushing a cart filled with strange tools. "They are gone." That was all she said but Katsumi still understood what she meant. Those creepy smiling doctors and nurses came back to her mind completely frightening her. "What are you going to do to me?" Her voice was filled with fear as she tried her best to speak without stuttering.

The surgeon smiled a sadistic smile and laughed out like a maniac. "We are going to something really fun." Katsumi looked at him in fright as he took up a needle filled with anaesthetics. "No don't." She whispers as her body started to shack uncontrollably. 

The nurses pinned her down and strapped her down onto the mattress. "No, stop!" She yelled. She tried to stop the nurses  binding her down onto the matress but it was all in vain. "Sweet dreams, Katsumi." The sugeon whispers next to her ear before injecting her the illegal amount of anaesthetics. 

'Why? Why? Why must I trust those people's smiles. If I can't trust those doctors then who can I trust?' That was the last thing she thought before blanking out.