Chapter Three

Collin's POV

The next day, I arrived at school and met up with Layla and Mark. I scanned around for Vince, finding him with the rest of the populars: the sluts, the bitches, and the hot guys. I felt myself become jealous as girls flirted with Vince. All I wanted was for him to be gay.

Every few minutes, Vince would look at me, and I would have to awkwardly look away so he wouldn't think I was staring. But how could I not? He was gorgeous.

"I dare you to walk over there and kiss Vince," Layla said, laughing. I turned to her with wide eyes.

"Yeah right," I said.

"Why not, chicken? It would be hella funny." She laughed. Mark agreed.

"I'd probably get detention if I kissed even a cat on school property," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well at least go over there and say 'Vince can I talk to you' in a sexy voice. It will freak the shit out of his friends," Layla bargained.

"You have to do it. It's a dare," Mark said, pushing me towards his group. I sighed, knowing I had nothing to lose.

I walked up slowly and unsurely. Some of the girls gave me strange looks as I was determined to get to Vince. When I spotted him, he looked more beautiful than ever.

I didn't mind the fact that I got this dare, because there was no way I was actually going to be seductive with all of these people around. "Vince? Can I talk to you?" I asked, in a perfectly normal voice, hoping to actually start a conversation with him.

I walked closer causing every single pair of eyes to lay on me. Vince's cheeks turned red as he looked at me, his eyes filled with anger.

"Dude, why's the fag talking to you?" One of his friends whispered. Vince shrugged.

"Oh my god, is Vince a fag too?" Some guy said, causing the group to laugh.

"Are you two boyfriend and boyfriend or something?" Another one said. I clenched my jaw, knowing that Vince would be furious.

"Fuck no, I don't even know who this kid is. What do you fucking want, faggot?" He spat, meanly. My cheeks flushed red and I took a step back.

I couldn't believe it. I had never been so embarrassed. I watched as more eyes looked at me, more giggles filling my ears. "Never mind, you asshole. Have a nice fucking life." I spat, wanting to run away and cry. But I kept on my poker face and walked off, feeling more hurt than I ever had been.

I couldn't believe him. I couldn't believe he had told his friends he didn't know me. I thought he was finally becoming to accept me as a friend, but I sure as hell was wrong. I hated him. I hated him and his beautiful face and that hot kiss and everything else. Vince was over.

I stormed back to Mark and Layla with not only sorrow but anger. "That didn't look too good," Layla muttered with soft eyes. I laughed rudely.

"You fucking think?" I let out, and then walked away. I was done with Vince and everyone else. I was fed up with our fucking society where being gay was a fucking sin. It's not like anyone can fucking control their sexuality; they shouldn't be hated on or called fags.

I didn't mind being called a faggot most of the time, when my friends would joke about it with me. But every time it comes out of Vince's mouth, I cringe. I can't believe someone like that, someone who kissed me, could still say something like that. Maybe he needed a taste of his own medicine, and revealing the kiss would sure do it.

Except I wasn't that kind of person. Besides, I could never intentionally hurt Vince. I was hurt by him, but I would never do the same. He's a dick, and I wouldn't sink to his level.