Chapter Twenty

Should I start putting actual chapter titles??
But that takes so much work.... but.. I don't even know. Another long chapter with some spooky things cuz Halloween.

Dan awoke to the loud, annoying, screeching, high-pitched, not to mention annoying, alarm clock. Dan rolled to his side lazily, turning off his alarm clock. He peeled his eyes open.

One o'clock?
What the hell?
How many times have I hit the 'snooze' button?

Dan face-planted on his will power, not having any motivation to get out of bed. Until he remembered:

THE APARTMENT

Dan is secretly a little excited.

Phil isn't.
He has to spend the day with you.

Dan grit his teeth and clenched his fist. He wasn't exactly angry or disappointed just... upset. Dan shook it off.

No way

Dan decided.

This is my day to be happy.

Happy was an exaggerated word, but needed in his situation. Bevause today Dan wasn'tgoing to be feeling happy, not for a long time, but he was going to feel light-hearted. He decided that today, he was going to beam. Almost brighter than any sun out there. Adnd surprisingly he could, he just let go for tody, know the severe consquences tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dan: WHERE ARE YOU?

Phil: Um... Starbucks ???

Dan: WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE

Phil: But Dan.... Coffee.

Dan: LEAVE THE FREAKIN COFFEE THIS IS LIFE! THIS MAY BE THE APARTMENT WE'RE LIVING IN AND WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE BECAUSE OF 'COFFEE'??

Phil: SUre why not.

Dan: I give up. Forget it, you're right. I'll just go to bed.

Phil: Wait hang on, I'm coming to pick you up.

Dan: Thank you.

~10 minutes later~

Phil: Why am I ditching coffee again?

Dan: OK 1. you are literally the most un-safe driver EVER
2. Reverse Physcology

Phil: I hate you.

Dan: I know you do
-----------------------------
"So...many...stairs." Dan huffed climbing the two staircases to get to the apartment. "I... don't want to live here." Dan panted.

Phil only laughed and replied "It's good exercise!" Phil commented looking on the positive side.

"What's this 'exercise' word you speak of?" Dan joked keeping a straight face. Dan and Phil laughed in unison with each other.

Once they finally reached the apartment Dan turned to Phil. Anxiety and adrenaline rushed through his system, making him over analyze everything. Tingling sensations trailed his body.

"They're not home right? You called? You got the right date?" Dan asked, his eyes widening with fear of the possibilities.

"Yes Dan. I called them right after I dropped you off from looking at flats all day." Phil re-assured Dan.

But his thoughts buzzed at the speed of light, swirling and suffocating the sense of reality. "But what if-"

"Dan. We're fine." Phil cut Dan off. Dan nodded slowly and they entered.