Ch 4

About two weeks ago the nausea was finally wearing off. Every once in a while it would hit you at the most random of times, but you started to feel better. Sam and Cas would endlessly research pregnancy. They found a website that they really enjoyed that would list off what your baby would develop in certain weeks. Cas would frequently bring home pregnancy books and he would sit on your bed with you and read them front and back, how he acquired the books you had no idea. You were positive he could be a gynecologist at this point. Dean wasn't really into the reading, but he would on occasion bring home a little toy or item of clothing that caught his interest. Dean was certain that you were having a boy, but your intuition lead you the latter. Every time you dreamt about your baby, the gender was a girl.

     The boys had been out keeping evil at bay per usual, but you on the other hand had taken a liking to binge watching anything and everything you could on Netflix. Tv had become your best friend.

     You were in the kitchen preparing a peanut butter and butter quesadilla, which had been a recent craving lately. You also had a sick craving for Burger King's chicken nuggets with buffalo sauce, which you strongly detested before becoming pregnant. Come to think of it, you could totally go for some chicken nuggets right about now. In a rush you put down the butter knife and took out your phone. Just when you were about to send the text to Dean, you felt it. It felt so faint you thought maybe you were just imaging it, but the fluttering in your lower belly grew stronger. You gasped and placed your hand over the little bump that started to develop. You waited eagerly for it to start up again. Once again, you felt it. It felt so faint against your fingers, but you felt it nonetheless. You felt the beginning of tears prick behind your eyes. You dashed into the main room where Castiel was sitting contently, trying to fit pieces of a puzzle that you guys had been working on together for about an hour. He looked up and quickly registered your flustered state, furrowing his eyebrows and before he could even say anything, you plopped down with an excited grin.

     "What is it, Y/N?" He inquired, reciprocating the smile. You grabbed his hand and placed it on your belly. At first, you figured he thought you just wanted him to feel the baby, but the slight kicking caught his attention. He was shocked at first, flinching when he felt the tiny vibrations under his fingers.

     "Kicking?" He asked quietly, amazed.

     You nodded and put your hand on top of his. He was speechless, eagerly waiting for the next round of kicks. It felt exhilarating- having your baby move around inside you. It was alive. You created this. Cas beamed up at you and you swear you'd never seen him look so thrilled.

     It was progressively becoming harder and harder for Cas to focus on anything other than you. You consumed his mind. Everything reminded him of either you or your pregnancy. When he first discovered you were pregnant, he was mostly worried and scared. He didn't know the first thing about children other than what was on Tv let alone pregnancy. That's when he discovered the plethora of baby books that took up a whole isle in of its own at a Books-A-Million just a few towns over. He had probably read hundreds, the stack of books getting bigger and bigger on Y/N's nightstand. By now, most of the information was repeated, but he didn't care; he was determined to learn everything he could. Prior to his knowledge, he knew nothing about cravings or kicking or morning sickness. Though he expected one day that the fetus would start kicking, he was just as flabbergasted when he felt his child writhing under his fingertips. He could feel it; the ever growing energy of a developing soul. He could hardly believe that he took part in its creation. His already high respect for you thrived everyday. You carried his child and went through every obstacle it threw at you with a smile on your face. You thought it was all worth it and Castiel now truly realized how wonderful the female was; a mystery on its own, but incredibly strong in each area that a man could not be. He would thank God every second for blessing him with you, with a child, and with a family. He knew other angels would never get an opportunity such as this, and it made him feel very special.