Ch. 7

You were about seven and a half months into your pregnancy. By now Castiel could see your daughter's soul shining through you, giving you a beautiful white glow that Castiel was blessed that only he could see.

     You had started getting the nursery set up in one of the bunker's spare bedrooms. You had decided that the room should be a pastel yellow instead of pink, mainly because you felt indifferent towards that particular tradition. You had gotten the crib set up a few days ago and you were slowly gaining all the necessary supplies you would need--like hoarding lots of diapers. You had begun to understand just how expensive taking care of a baby really was. You wanted the absolute best for your daughter, but sometimes you just couldn't rationalize spending $300 on a carseat. Maybe in a few weeks, you thought. You placed your hand on your belly, realizing that your pregnancy was almost over. You shut the laptop and sluggishly got out of your bed. On second thought, maybe I don't have time to wait a few weeks.

     You padded up to a mirror, examining your reflection in order to look for a change in your body from yesterday. Lately, you weren't feeling in the mood for pants, so you had been sporting sweats and a few of Dean's plain t-shirts.

     Your daughter had definitely begun to make an appearance, the large bump covered by the thin cotton of Dean's shirt. Your swollen belly had also started feeling heavy, and you would become easily fatigued.

     She had also learned how to punch and kick, and her preferable "playtime" was during most hours of the night. You swore you had never been so sleep deprived.

     At the same time, you enjoyed waking up during the night when your baby was being particularly disagreeable. Castiel was able to simply rest his hand on your belly and sooth your child with his grace. Before becoming pregnant, you would've never thought Castiel would be so committed and excited about becoming a father. Your pregnancy had definitely awoken the more nurturing side to him, and you were eager to see more.

     When you had woken up this morning, Castiel was gone. You had been suspicious to what he was planning. Lately he would poof away randomly for a few hours and return back with any of your cravings or a gift. You knew he was up to something, you just didn't know what. You didn't really have the strength to worry about it as your gurgling stomach called out to the kitchen.

     When you had arrived into the kitchen, you were greeted upon the sight of Dean wearing an apron and oven mitts. He glanced over at you and jumped, taking the mitts off and hiding them behind is back,"hey Y/N, what's up?"

     You smirked and glanced into the little window on the oven,"are you... baking, Dean?"

     "Oh the cupcakes? I found them in the fridge.. just thought I would heat them up," he rambled, avoiding your attentive stare.

     "Dean, don't be stupid," you chucked, crossing your arms,"who cares if you like to bake?"

     Dean's eyes widened and he stepped closer to you, talking in a low voice,"are you kidding? If Sam found out about this, I'd never hear the end of it."

     You huffed, exasperated,"there's no reason to hide it. What if it was Sam who walked in instead of me?"

     He looked towards the wall, visibly horrified. You sighed,"okay, I'm not suppose to tell you this, but Sam likes to knit."

     There was a brief pause. Dean stared at you, taken aback. He swallowed harshly,"what?"

     "I walked in on him knitting once. You know that grey blanket sitting on the hutch? Sam didn't buy that. He made it," you explained casually, raising an eyebrow.