Chapter 1: Welcome back

Third Person Pov

Drip. drop. Drip. drop.

It's raining again. The raindrops run down the leaves, then to the branches and drop down to the girl's pale flawless face. Her messy dirty jet black hair cover half of her face. She had stayed hidden in the woods for about four days now and sometimes went out to search for food. With only a white ripped T-shirt and a pair of dirty white shorts, she's shivered by the drop of coldness on her back. The pair of ragged slippers hanging loose on her feet as she silently stare at the toes that were covered with mud. Beside her, a small bag was seen, she reached into her bag and pulled out a navy blue colored book.

She sat down on a pile of leaves as her bed and studies the techniques that written in the book. She closed her eyes, trying to focus and muttered the spell. Slowly water droplets gather around her hands, forming a big water sphere. She opens her eyes, the sparkle of her eyes shines through the darkness in the oak tree hole.

"Water Bullets."

Droplets shot out from the transparent sphere and shot right through the bird's heart, which was sheltering from the rain. The bird fell from the tree to the ground. The remaining water sphere was absorbed into her body, she quickly ran out from her hiding place and quickly pick up the bird which is about the size of a sofa. With her abnormal strong strength, she easily picks it up and runs back clumsily with small steps to the hole. When she's just a few step away, a voice interpreted her from entering the hole.

"HEY!! YOU THERE!!!" She nervously turned her head to the direction of the voice. She saw four teens, about 15 to 16, running through the rain. The blond with headphones on his ears ran towards the girl as the girl took a step back. His genuine smile loosens the defense of the girl and looks a bit less worried.

"Are you living near here? Do you mind if we stay in your house for a while?"

The girl had her eyes widen. She stares at the boy with suspicion. After the incident, she swore that she would never trust anyone. In order to bear the survival in the woods, she went hunting, gathering berries, train her water magic for protection and building her own house. She learned that humans are not trustworthy, therefore she should never put her full trust on humans.

However.....

She stares at the people followed the blond boy from behind. A girl with her curly bronze hair and glasses complaining the rain had ruined her jade emerald dress as the grassy green hair boy scold her for being such an annoying brat. The boy with a purple helmet giggled at the two noisy people as if he's watching a comedy show. The rain was raining heavier and heavier by every second. The girl sighed and nodded at the blond hair boy. With the big bird in her hands, she turns her head to the big oak tree as the other four guys follow.

"Hey!! Wait up!!"

~Back In Present time~

"Wake up. We're getting off the next stop."

Eyes wide open when I hear the whistle of the trains. I owlishly stare at the person who is standing in front of me. A woman with silver-white curly hair standing with both of her hand on her waist. Her bangs are tied and clipped up, showing her cute, flawless face. I stretch my arms and yawn like a cat.

"I'm awake, Mira-san." I ruffle my hair while Mira just smiles.

"You didn't sleep well yesterday?" I yawn again. Being held by Mira, I drowsily walk out of the train. Due to the fact that Mira didn't use her magic and me, Jamie Quintana, who is not good at magic had followed Mira to her photoshoot. I work part-time to help to organize the dresses and the things for the photoshoot and Mira work as a model for the magazine, weekly Sorcerer. We went to a two-week photoshoot near the bench and tiredness had overwhelmed me. It's not the modelling industry that had caused me this tiredness. It's the training that I have to work at night. I yawned again as tears gathered on the corners of my eyes. Working for hours at night to practice is definitely not good for a twelve-year-old kid. However, the figure of a thunder lord leaving me behind due to my inability to control my powers always remain my weakness.

I want to get stronger in order to be able to walk beside them.

"Yep, I was practising my water magic last night, so I didn't sleep for the whole night." We continue our road back to the guild where our family is waiting for us. The building with the label with a fire-like symbol hanging on the structure proudly showing the glory of Mages. Mira is the first to put the door of the building. I sighing wearily, following Mira walking into the guild.

Fairy Tail, a guild located in the Magnolia Kingdom, is widely known throughout the country as a powerful guild......

"NATSU!!! GIVE ME BACK MY PANTS!!!!!"

....except the guild is filled with stupid, reckless mages...

Sighing in annoyance, I sat down at the bar table waiting for our master's return. I look around, trying to find my usual friends. Natsu and Gray are bricking to each other. Lucy and Erza are chatting while savoring the strawberry shortcake. Elfman shouting "Be like a man" while Cana is scolding him for ruining her time with beer. Mira went back to the bar and serve the other member with her drinks and food. The other members are just chilling or eating Mira's food.

Crowed and noisy, but....

I smirked and steal the fried chicken drumsticks from Natsu's plate. Spotted me stealling his food, Natsu point his finger at me with his usual glowing face.

"HEY!!!JAMIE!! THAT IS MY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS!!! GIVE IT BACK!!!" I dashed while deliciously savor the spicy and crispy texture of the chicken. Natsu followed me behind while shouting for his chicken dumbstick. Dashing and running around like a monkey, we run around like that for 5 minutes. At the end, I grab the branch of the roof on the first floor and flip myself to the second floor.

"HEY!! GET BACK DOWN HERE!!!" Natsu shout while struggle on getting on to the second floor, since normal mages are not allowed there.

"Like I would!!!" I shout back while standing at the same place to observe Natsu's struggle.

"Give it up, Natsu. You can't win him in stealling food. Since he's once called as the 'Cat Burglar'. You can't catch him." Macao laughed while Wakaba joined in.

"That's right, Natsu. No one can catch him before. He stole my wallet a few times already." Wakaba laughed while the other member agreed. Dazing at Natsu's pissed features, I show him a mischeivous grin, which make him growl more.

"I seriously going to get you back from stealling my food!!"

I gusses it's not too bad.