Chapter 15: The mission given by the Magic Council

The Third person's POV

In the room filled with books of magics, there laid a crystal ball and a girl with her usual violet hair curled perfectly, shaping the side of her face. She had learned a new magic spell from her In times before slumber and after dinner, she would use her magic to see the situation in fairy tail, silently observation her past guild mate, cheering, laughing happily in the abandoned college.

"Minerva, I have something to ask."

Sitting comfortably on the couch in the master's room and enjoying her tea, Minerva questionably raised her eyebrows.

"What is it, Jamie?" Sitting opposite Minerva was Jamie, who had a solemn look on her face, lowering her cup on the plate.

"Ever heard of Rankin? The dark guild that was massacred the clan of Ranquan." Minerva immediately furrowed her eyebrows and lower the cup on top the plate on her lap. A nod signal Jamie to continue the conversation.

"Recently, there are rumors about Rankin guild members walking in and out of the city. They seemed to be still searching some kind of book. Is it just me yet does it sound fishy?" Jamie, had a finger under her lips, suspiciously raised her eyebrows. Minerva knew the hidden meaning behind the message, someone from Rankin might found out Jamie's identity. The Rankin was rather small, compared to the past, due to the constant event of being hunt down by the Magic Council, the number had reduced to 20-30 people left in the guild. However, the ones that are not hunted down were the elite guild member, process the ability to camouflage themselves and able to move under the eyes of Magic Council.

"Therefore, Minerva, I'm going to confirm if the rumor is true or not. Searching around the woods and eliminating them may be a problem, yet this prevents them from causing us, our guild and the book of Quan any danger. Can you come with me?" Minerva doubtfully raises her eyebrows, surprised at the statement. In any usual occurrence, it's either Minerva or Jamie, stay behind at the guild for any sudden incident happened in the guild. However, if they both are absent, chaos will happen in the guild and it definitely ends with the large money of repairing. Jamie smirked, eyes glittered with mirth at the vice-guild master.

"Well. I got a plan for that. It's for the next generation."
___________________________________________

"Hey. Where is master?" Rufus asked the guild with some sort of spark of curiosity. It's rare for the mysterious guild master disappeared without a trace as the Grand Magic Games are coming up. Gaining attention from the musketeers-looking Mage, Rouge replying him.

"She went out, hunting a dark guild along with Oju."

"Minerva-sama too? Then whose in charge?" Rufus had his shock hidden under the eye mask, yet his speech still sounds surprised. Rouge just blankly pointed the figure who is coming in the guild with accelerating speed him. A blonde with his crystalline ear ring on his left ear, come into the guild with a gleeful expression on his face.

"Now is anyone needed some training? Or wanted permission to go for a mission? Or just a buddy to hang out drinking here?" Cheerfully shouting, he stood in front of the door with people shout at him for doing the unnecessaries. Rufus raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Sting is in charge? Really?"

"Master did tell us that Sting will be in charge during her weeks of a mission." Rouge nodded, followed up with a sigh. He knew the truth behind the absence of Master as Master and Minerva told him the truth behind these actions.

He remembered the sudden occurrence of Minerva calling him out from the elite group. He was preparing to head for dinner with Sting in a famous restaurant around the area when Minerva suddenly called him to come to the master room. Walking into the solemn atmosphere, Rouge unconsciously shivered in the pressure. Master with her usual hood on asked him to sit on the chair in front of her. Minerva stood beside master with her hands crossed.

"Sorry Rouge, there is an important message that we need to tell you. In a few weeks later, me and Minerva will have a mission to do given by the Magic Council."

"Huh? Both of you? Then there will be no one in charge of the guild though. Is that going to be alright?" Shocked by the sudden information, Rouge asked Jamie about his worries, then he saw the smirk on her face.

"Don't worry. During that time, there will be something else going on." Jamie stood up from her chair and walked to the window. Rouge tilted his head with an innocent look, yet somehow felt sweat started forming at his back.

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

"I'm going to leave the guild to Sting as a test, testing his abilities if he is suitable as a leader." Rouge, aghast at the another surprising information, stayed froze on the chair, trying to process the information through his brain.

Leader? Does she mean by the next master?

"But why so sudden master?"

"Because there's something that I want you guys and the guild members to always remember, to know, and experience. This something is not anything as simple as I can just tell you all. You members need to experience them." Jamie spurred her head toward the jet-black hair teen who flinched under her intense stare.

"Through this experience, you all will be mature and able to continue with or without me. And during this time, you, Rouge will be the one person who tells me the situation of the guild. Remember don't tell anyone about this, not even your exceed, Frosch, you got me?" Under the intense glare from his guild master, Rouge could just only give series of nod on his head in accelerated speed, sweating and flinching too much under the pressure of Jamie's presence. Slightly smiled to lift up the pressure by a little, Jamie took off her hood and shows her appearance to Rouge. The violet-curly hair, profound features with brown warm eyes and the benevolent smile was engraved deeply into Rouge's memory.

"It's hard for you to recognized me without my hood even with your speciality on scent, so I'm showing you my face. Remember it alright?"

It's hard to not remember it, Master.....

Her rosy lips, unique violet hair with matching brown eyes had made Rouge blushed into deep-red. He knew that Jamie is a strong independent woman with some childish within her, yet he never knew that she could be such a beauty. If she show her face to everyone in the guild, there will be guys roaming over her, wishing to date her out. Unconsciously mesmerised at Jamie's beauty in his memory, Rouge didn't notice that Rufus is waving his hands getting Rouge's attention until Sting sudden jumped to Rouge.

"Rouge!!!"

"Ack!!" Losing balance, Sting fell forward and Rouge fell backward. Resulting, Rouge was being pushed down by Sting and the bruise on Rouge's head. Triggered by the unreasonable attack, Rouge shouted at Sting.

"Sting! What the heck!! Don't suddenly attack me!!"

"Is that how you should speak to the guild master!! Have some respect."

"How the heck can I call you master!! You're basically the same as me!"

They both have a heat argument, without realizing-

"Are you guys making out or something? I didn't even have the memory that you guys are together." Rufus spoke with a mischievous tone.

-that Rouge was still being pushed down by Sting.