Chapter 52: Demolished Eclipse gate

"Get away from here!!! Everyone get away from the door!!!"

The scream from blue exceed had caught the attention of the people surrounding the eclipse gate. They were trying to break the eclipse gate in order to reset the terrifying future ahead. Lucy is resolute in destroying the nefarious enormous door, as she had promised her future self to change the dreadful future awaiting them. However, numerous abortive strategies were used and there's no progress to the current situation. The dragons were still attacking the city when the other guild mages and dragon slayers were annihilating the dragons. If this stagnant situation continues, the dragons had a higher possibility to take over the capital.

We have to do something to destroy the eclipse gate, but we don't have enough power.

Nervously pondering another solution, Lucy heard a scream that caught her attention. When she turned around, she saw a huge figure launching toward her. Stupified about the mysterious launching figure, Lucy's body unconditionally crouched down as her hand subconsciously covering her ear, anxious of the incoming attack from the enormous figure. A gust of wind blows over her head as the clamourous smash echoes from her back. Overheard the loud defeating clash, she immediately turned around and saw a large dragon was unconscious from the attack of a flaming dragon. However, Lucy's eyes aren't focused on the result of the two dragon's fight, she stared at the small fragments that laid under the dragon. Lucy finds recognition to the small fragments under the dragon with the eclipse door's pattern and structure. The eclipse door was evidently smashed into the pieces by the unconscious dragon during its fall.

A small figure emerged from the collapsed dragon. A very familiar figure. Smiling with jubilation, Lucy shouted for the hero that had saved the tragic situation.

"Natsu!!!!"

"He destroys the door!!!"

He really did it! He defeated the dragons and protected the future.

With Happy running towards the pink-haired teen, Lucy felt a warm sensation on her cheek as she touches her cheeks seeking for confirmation. Her tears were overflowing, dripping out from her eyes. Yet there's a radiant smile laid upon her lips, unconsciously her feet mosey on its way to the pink haired dragon slayer. She walked then accelerated to running and launching herself towards the two, envelopes the two with a hug.

Thank you for keeping the promise from protecting the future, Happy, Natsu.
_________________________________________

The small dragons glows brightly as the enormous amount of mana slowly creasing away, fading into the starry sky. Along with the disappearing dragons, Gray, Juvia, Melody and Lyon cheered frenetically, joyously for ending of the battle.

"So it had finally ended."

Pushing the cracked surface of the destroyed buildings, Jamie stood up with exhaustion and let out a relief smile. While the five mages were attacking the small dragons, Jamie constantly rushed behind them to heal wounds and replenishing their mana levels. The amounts of small dragon had slowly decreased as Jamie felt her mana levels have drained to a dangerous level by the constant heals that she give to the other mages. Jamie then sat down and tried to rest in order to replenish her mana lose, watching over the five remaining mages defeating the small dragons. Her lethargic leg were shaking and she almost stumbled forward when Minerva catches her from her behind.

"Sorry, I have lost strength."

"No worries. So are we walking to the main gathering area?"

Minerva took Jamie's arm over her shoulders as she whispered the last sentence in a softer tone. Their high, frenetic laughters had gladdened the purple-haired mage as she raised a hand gesture signalling the black-haired mage to let her go.