-5-

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett, you look so beautiful tonight." I heard a man say. I looked up at him but I couldn't see his face. Was it Andy? It sure didn't sound like him. "I've got a question for you." The shadowy figure said.

"Okay.." I said, squinting, trying to make out his face. The figure got down on one knee and I saw a box with a diamond ring in it plunged up at me.

"Scarlett Songbird Jackson. Will you, marry me?" He asked. The shadows started leaving his face but before I could see him, I woke up.

-

My eyes shot open and I sat up. I guess it was just all a dream... but that dream almost seemed like a memory. I looked on my left hand to see if there was an engagement ring on my finger. Nope, nothing.

I sighed and looked around, trying to remember the night before. Then it all came back to me. Seeing the beautiful land outside. The familiar guy. The argument...

I laid back down in the warm bed and looked next to me. The spot where Andy sleeps was empty. I guess he slept on the couch.

I curled back up in the blankets and sighed, attempting to fall asleep again, but I heard the door open and the light footsteps of Andy. I kept my eyes closed and pretended to be asleep because I really didn't want to talk to him.

I felt him sit down on the bed and grab my hand, he kissed it before setting it down. Then he did what I least expected. He sang to me.

His voice was the most soothing thing I'd ever heard in my whole life. His voice was making me forget everything he said to me the night before, it was that beautiful.

I thought that if I woke up he'd stop singing to me so I just pretended to be asleep the whole time but it wasn't long before I cracked a small smile. 

"Scarlett?" Andy questioned.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him. His face was the same pale color but his cheeks and eyes were a bit red. It looked like he had been crying or something. 

"Scarlett I'm so sorry about last night I-" I cut him off by sitting up and wrapping my arms around him.

"You have the most beautiful voice I've ever heard." I said simply as I hugged him.

I felt him smirk against my neck and he hugged me close to him. I let go and looked in his beautiful blue eyes.

"I forgive you Andy." I said.

He smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

"Well, I don't think you should forgive me yet." he said softly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm going to take you out for breakfast and then I'm going to take you shopping and buy you whatever you want." he said.

"Oh Andy, you don't have to do that for me." I said, despite the fact that it wasn't true. The thought of actually getting out of this house and seeing a bit more of the world around me made me so happy. And a shopping spree? Who doesn't love a shopping spree?

"Nope, I don't care what you say baby. I'm taking you out so get ready." Andy said with a smirk.

I didn't reply. I just smiled and hugged him tightly before getting ready. I put on a pair of ripped up jean shorts and a simple white tank top.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yep!" I responded once I was all done.

He led me outside to a nice red car. He opened up the passenger side for me and I got in. He hopped in the drivers seat and then we were off.

Once we were out of the countryside area that Andy lived in and in the more suburban area, my eyes winded. Everything was so pretty out there, it was a shame I didn't have any memories of it. As we drove we passed by a blue house that caught my eye. We thankfully were at a red light so I had time to look at the house. It was small but cute, and something about it looked oddly familiar. I saw the door of the house open and a tall man with many tattoos (like Andy's) and dreadlocks come out. He sat on the front step and lit up a cigarette. Why did he look familiar too? I saw him look in my direction and make eye contact with me threw the car window. He cocked his head and squinted his eyes but before we could get a good look at each other, the light turned green and Andy and I were off to the diner he was taking me too.

~

Andy got me the most delicious cheap family diner food I'd ever had. As we ate I told him about the dream I had and I asked him if he ever proposed to me. His cheeks turned red and he told me no before winking and telling me that maybe my dream was a prediction of the future, which was cute but his tone of voice seemed nervous again. Maybe he just has a small problem with that.

"I could definitely see you wearing this Scarlett." Andy said as he held up a little black and white dress. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the dress. Andy was currently buying me any outfit a girl could ever want.

"Oh yes!" I said with a smile. "It's beautiful." I continued looking at the clothes before I felt Andy grab my arm.

"Scarlett, we need to leave now." He said quietly.

I was about to object but then I remembered that he was voluntarily taking me shopping, I didn't ask for it.

"Oh alright." I said. Andy quickly paid for the six idem's I liked and then left with me. 

Once we got in the car Andy sped away from the mall.

"Why'd we have to leave, Andy?" I asked.

"There was a guy," he said with a bit of anger laced in his voice. "And I didn't like the way he was looking at you." 

I wanted to respond but I realized that if I did it would probably make him more upset. I guess I just have to learn to be more submissive.