"A problem with the bathroom"

Sitting with the family was never easy for anyone. Normally it would be a battle field for the remote or for the perfect spot on the couch. Today there was no battle. My brothers looked a bit puzzled when our mom was standing in front of them along with dad. Of course there was no spot for me to sit at, so I was standing next to the couch instead looking up at our parents.
Dad didn't look unpleasant like mom did, but that's normally an everyday thing when we have family meetings. Mom then cleared her throat and said, "Now kids, I was just up the stairs and I am not happy with what I saw in the bathroom."
"We ran out of toilet paper already?" Asked Loni as he tilted his head.
I shook my head at his ridiculous question and continued listening to mom.
"No, surprisingly." She said. "I saw how filthy the bathroom is and I am very disappointed."
"You just now saw it?"
Mom turned her attention on dad with a face annoyed. Sometimes dad was bright on situations like this but found a way out throughout them. He cleared his throat and said towards us, "That's right. We're very disappointed."
"What's the big deal?" Leif asked as he bite onto his toenails. "It seems alright to us with it being like that mom."
"Well I don't like it period, and I thought I told you before Leif not to chew on your toenails with your mouth!"
Leif immediately pulled his toe away obeying mom and stood still.
"I do not care whether you are boys or what, you're all cleaning up that bathroom this minute."
"Which means you're all grounded until it's sparkly clean!" Said dad.
My brothers then let out their 'Awww's, disappointed of the day being ruined for them. Me, on the other hand, was glad. I had to live through that disgusting bathroom half of my life and finally it was gonna be taken care of.
"But mom we had plans to today!" Loki said trying to win her over.
"Like what?" She said as she put both of her hands on her hips, expecting an answer.
Loki then looked stunned, and looked at the others for answers. He looked back at our mother and said, "We uh... We had to.... Go help the neighbors out with their chores."
'Seriously?' Was the only thought in my head.
"Nice try Loki." Mom then pointed her finger where the stairs were to shout, "Everyone, upstairs cleaning now!"
My brothers stood up from the squeaky couch and headed up the stairs to where the bathroom was. With a free couch and tv, I then sat down to face mom and dad still looking towards me, and laid on my back to relax. "Thank you mom and dad. That bathroom needed cleaning."
"That's right. So you go on up and help them Linka."
My eyes widen and I immediately lifted up away from the relaxing spot I had, and said, "What? Me help? Why? That's not my mess up there!"
"It doesn't matter." Said dad. "You're all responsible for that bathroom, and if it bugged you so badly, why didn't you clean it up before sweetie?"
"Because the last time I did, I could have sworn the poop I found on the ground was alive!"
"Well sorry sweetie," said mom. "but you're responsible for that bathroom as well as your brothers. Now you go on up there this instant young lady."
I knew nothing I say would change their minds. So then I stood up and stomp my way up the stairs to find them in the messy and smelly room.
"It just isn't fair!" I told myself. "I didn't create that horrifying mess. Of all honesty I did is try cleaning up and all I received was a disgusting poop monster."
I then sighed and took a deep breath to tell myself. "It's alright. It's a Saturday and hopefully they'll do their part and help clean up. They gotta know how to clean Linka."
In case you haven't notice, I like to talk to myself. When you're the only girl and have ten brothers who aren't in the same things you're in, there's no point of talking to anyone for no one would listen. Sure there's Cynthia McBride, my best friend, but still...
I then entered the horrifying bathroom with my ten brothers and knew this would happen. They barley moved or anything to get started. The only thing I noticed that was odd about them, was their reactions to the bathroom; they looked super confuse.
I stood there waiting for them to actually make a move to clean, but nothing.
Right then, Loni spoke for them. "Uh... How do we clean exactly?"
My jaw kinda dropped at them. I then spoke, "Really? You guys don't even know how to clean up after yourselves?"
"We normally let mom do it." Like shrugged as he didn't seemed mix with the emotions everyone else had.
It was then that Lexx pointed his finger at me and said, "Hey! Let's let Linka take care of it!"
They then pulled their fists in the air and said together, "Yeah! Linka can do it!"
I just couldn't believe it. Did they not hear what mom just said? "Excuse me but mom clearly said, we ALL have to clean up." I reminded them.
"True, but you're the only one out of us all who knows how to clean," said Loki. "So you're on you're own."
"And with us, we can only make the bathroom much more worse for you." Lynn laughed.
Right before I said anything, I spotted Lars looking underneath the bathtub and pulled something out. I shriek at the sight of the dead rat being held from its tail. It was disgusting and so sad! Lars then said so happily with no smile, "Looks like I have a new funeral to plan."
"But..." I just stopped right there. It was then they began to make their way out of the bathroom, laughing and smiling that they were free. How can they do this? Especially after mom's meeting?
Then it happened.
My entire body was turning red, and my temper was growing worse and worse inside of me. I didn't want to say it, but it was then that I snapped at them... Like a little kid.
"I'm telling mom and dad!"
I covered my mouth super fast after that sentence and stood then stunned. I watched them stop their moving and looked shock as well. I think I might have put them to rest, but that didn't help when they looked back at me, a bit concern. "What did you just say sis?" Said Luke.
I gulped, a bit nervous. But I knew I had to one day. I pulled up my confidence inside of me and said, "I said, if you guys don't help me clean up the bathroom, I'm telling."
"You wouldn't dare." Leif said crossing his arms together.
"She won't." Lane said with his smile growing. "Linka despises tattling, don't ya sis?"
It was true. I hated tattling. It was so annoying and rude. It makes me go insane, even when Lexx does it. But of all honesty, did I have a choice?
So then I did the same with my arms and said, "I will if it makes you slackers want to work. This isn't my mess at all and I'm not the only one gonna do it. So either you help me or not."
This was indeed the hardest thing to do. I didn't like to always talk like this, but there had to be some way to get them to work. They stood there, glaring at me in silence. Somehow the glaring was burning the inside of me. I know it sounds weird, but being the only girl with ten brothers can feel awkward because you don't know if they'll do something to make sure you won't tell. Heck I hated that I said I was gonna tell on them. I didn't want to. Tattling was the last thing I ever wanted to do.
But this mess isn't mine, and I'm not gonna do it alone.
It was then when Loki and Lars sigh and walked towards me, still glaring at me. It was then Loki's words made me feel much better.
"Let's get this over with."
It then the first time we actually worked together. Only problem was the fact they were pretty mad at me...

To be continued...