Life In A Shoebox

Class: ENGL 1210 

Type: Narrative Essay

Hey guys! I'm soo happy I produced this essay this morning! I was literally jumping up and down. I wrote it last night and finished it this morning last minute. I know last minutes are bad, but they're the best times when I am inspired to write! This is actually a rough draft so who knows if I might replace it with a final copy. I'm waiting for my teacher to respond. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy! Thank you very much for reading! By the way, this essay is fictional. =D

*****************

                                                          Life In A Shoebox

                Have you ever wonder what it was like to live in someone else's life? Maybe you got tired of living your own that you thought about someone's else. Was there a time you wish you had a chance to turn back the clock? Maybe change the things you wanted to make a better world for yourself and for others you care about. What if I were to tell you that I have known what it felt like to live in someone's else shoebox?

              It was a cold February morning when buses had drifted to drop off students at school. I stepped off a bus with my friends and started laughing about some kind of joke told the day before. A scene in front of us made us to stop laughing. There were a group of three boys and two girls who were insulting and beating up another girl. The girl was not just any ordinary girl. She was the girl that was teased all throughout elementary to high school. One of my friends said, "Come on guys, let's go." She walked first and so did my friends. I just stood there, in front of the scene. I wasn't sure what I should do. Should I stop them? Why were they shrugging this off? I heard my friends calling my name, "Fallen! Come on!" They were already at the entrance. I replied, "Okay!" As soon as I was walking away from the scene, that girl looked at me. Her brown eyes were looking right at mine. As if she was calling for help, for me to help her. My eyes widen as I quickly turned around and walked off to school, ignoring her stare.

          It was lunchtime. I was sitting with my friends, and ate the crappy lunch that the school had to offer. I slipped a fry into my mouth when I notice something in the corner of my eye. That same girl that got bullied this morning was sitting in the very far end of the lunchroom in the corner. She had her head down while eating her lunch quietly alone. I stared at her long enough that she must have noticed my laser eyes when she popped her head up and notice that I was looking at her. I quickly duck my head in my food in embarrassment that she caught me staring at her. My friends were confused and asked me what I was doing. I told them it was nothing. Nothing to worry about.

       I walked to my locker to put my books away. I felt a presence near me so I turned to my right and realize it was that girl. She had short brown hair that stretched about five inches below her shoulders which hunched over making her figure appear shorter.

        "H-hi...Fallen." She speaks first to break our staring tension.

        "Hi...Dana, right?"

She slowly nodded while still looking down at her toes. I slightly smiled to not make this conversion any more awkward than it already is.

        "Y-you saw me...saw me get beat up."

Okay, I was not expecting that.

       "Um, sure I guess. Yeah, it was me." 

There was a long pause. I was wondering why she was holding on for a minute longer because I really had to head to my next class.