Chapter Eleven: Back to Duckon Place

I lay down on my bed, waiting for Megan to walk in the door. My phone started to ring. I picked it up. My thump clicked answer. "Hello." I said. "Hey Selena, its Megan and today in class we were instructed to go to Duckon Place! So, even though your dropping out I want you to go with me!" She said breathlessly.
"Okay, I guess I can come." I replied. The phone hung up and I plopped up off my bed. I walked out of the dormitory and went to the train station outside the academy. The train was starting to pick up. I stepped beside Megan in line. We stepped up onto the train and sat down next to each other. "So why are we getting to go here?" I asked Megan. "Well, because of some construction?" She answered. I thought about the battle in the dining hall. "Oh." I replied.
   "Hey, Megan," I started, "I've decided to stay at the academy!" "Omg! That's awesome! I'm so excited!" Megan cheered. "I'm telling Headmistress Valarie when we get back." I said. "Ok! I'm so thankful you're staying." She replied. We sat silent for the rest of the trip to Duckon Place.
   The train screeched to a stop at the Duckon Train Station. We all left the train to go shop. I walked into a food court. Sitting out was a platter of banana pudding. It was for $6.29. I went up to the cashier and asked to buy it. "Of course!" She answered. I handed over the money, and grabbed a bowl. My spoon dug in. As I ate, I watched the news on the televisions. They were reporting the damage in the dining hall at the academy.
I still can't get over the battle. I can't believe Kylie would do such a thing! Nor Mrs. Goon! I finished my pudding, and threw it in the trash can. My head turned to see Headmistress Valerie walk in! I ran to her. "I've decided to stay at the academy!" I blurted. "Ok! I'm glad to hear that!" She replied. We then brushed each other. I looked at my phone an the time was 6:25 P.M! I started rushing back to the train. Tripping on everything and everyone, I eventually made it back to the train.
   Megan was already saving a seat for me right next to her. I was so glad to not be leaving the academy.