Ch.Two : Interrupted...

"HUH!?", the group collectively exclaimed, completely shocked by the Namek's take on the matter. Piccolo, unfolding his arms and turning to face the group, slowly eyed them all one by one, before finally landing his gaze on Goku. "And what do you think?" He asked the saiyan.

   Goku blinked, genuinely confused. "What? Me?" he asked, scratching the back of his head. "Did I miss something? I didn't hear you explain anything..." He said to the Namek, who just stared back at him before responding.

"I haven't yet. Considering you are the strongest one of all of us, it's your position that is at jeopardy. More importantly is the fact that you are practically out leader, and have saved the planet more than enough times to deserve making this judgement call." He said while making a gesture towards the others.

"Wait, you mean to tell me that They could surpass me?!" Goku nearly screamed in surprise, making Piccolo flinch due to his very sensitive hearing.

"I'm saying there is a possibility that they could, but that fate is not in my control."

   Goku paused to look at his friends. After a short pause he reestablished eye contact with the Namek.

"They are all good people that I trust with my life. Do what you can to make us stronger." He said, meaning the group, he and Gohan excluded. Goku knows as well as anybody, probably better than, that with great power comes the realization that you could do whatever you want, because nobody can stop you. With that there is a great temptation, of which only the purest individuals will choose righteousness.

   But Goku also knew his close knit group of friends very intimately, and if anybody can validly vouch for somebody being pure of heart, it's Goku. I mean how can you argue with his judgement?

"Yes, make them all as strong as possible so when I defeat them, they know their rightful place." Coming out of the doorway to the Hyperbolic time chamber, Vegeta and trunks just barely caught the last thing Goku had said. Who knows what kind of pandemonium would have broken out if Vegeta had heard them speaking of humans trying to surpass him.

"Hey, Vegeta! Alright! And trunks! Wow, you definitely got older!" Goku replied cheerfully as the others got up and advanced on the two, buzzing with chatter the whole time. As soon as they started though, Vegeta saw what was coming and started walking away, retrieving a capsule from his battered armor.

   The smoke cleared and in it's wake lay a small chest of drawers, which the Prince opened. Without second thought, he stripped his clothing and changed right in front of everyone. That was typical of Vegeta, plus they were all adults, save for Gohan and Trunks, so nobody even took notice.

Vegeta interrupted the group, who were bombarding Trunks with questions, rudely shouting over them all to gain their collective attention.

"You're probably still planning to to train in that blasted room with your brat, right Kakarot!?"

   Turning from the group, Goku replied, "Well of course, Vegeta. Why do you ask that?"

   Finishing with putting his new armor on, Vegeta turned to look at Goku, a remarkably large grin on his face. Whatever he was thinking obviously pleased him to no end.

"I just thought it fair if I warn you that it won't matter how long you spend in there. By the time you come out, I will have killed both Androids, rendering Cell innate. And once I'm finished with them, you and I have a little beef to finish!" Vegeta replied knowingly.

   Never phased by Vegeta's cockiness, Goku smiled at thought of the competition of their rivalry. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Hn! Of course not. Cowards tend to back down from fights which they stand no chance." Replied Vegeta before turning and zipping off towards the explosions below.