home again

One week later

After a week in hospital, Jack was allowed out. Mark sat next to him for as long as he was allowed. They were soul mates - never separated in each others hearts, even if they got separated many times physically. Their love for each other was too strong to break.

The second that Jack walked out of the hospital doors, Mark stopped him and lovingly bent down onto one knee. A tear fell from his left eye as he nervously held Jack's small hand. "I-I have lo-loved you through a-all the ups and downs a-and I have n-never been more in l-love with anyone else as m-much as I am in l-love with you.", Mark began to say, stuttering a lot.

Jack put his free hand up to his mouth with shock and giggled nervously. He had a cheeky little smile on his bruised face. Mark quietly giggled back and looked up at him into his eyes. "J-Jack, don't l-leave me. I-I need you to b-be with me.", more tears of joy dropped down his emotional face. He got out a little black box from his jeans pocket.

He wiped his eyes and slowly opened it, revealing a beautiful diamond sitting on top of a ring. Jack put both hands up to his face and cried. Mark grabbed his hand as he stood up. "J-Jack, no, Seán, w-will you m-", Mark was stopped by Jack's lips kissing his. Mark kissed him back, then pulled away and said, "Marry me?". Jack giggled and nodded his head, "Yes baby, of course!".

Mark slipped the ring onto Jack's finger and they continued to kiss. People in the car park started clapping and cheering. They didn't realise anyone was watching, so they just laughed with embarrassment. Mark picked Jack up and carried him carefully to the car. They drove home as an engaged couple. They were going to be married. They were going to be husbands!

When they arrived home, they "celebrated"😉. Afterwards, they laid in bed, cuddling and smiling. They were meant to be. Nothing would get in the way of their love.