We talk with a goddess

[Kurt's POV]

I can't believe that I wasn't fast enough. I cannot accept the fact that Atalanta is gone.

Now, I'm alone in my tent, without my partner for the quest.

I wiped my tears, and wanted to cry myself to sleep. Just before I tucked myself in my travel bed, I heard someone outside the tent.

"Hey, hey Kurt. Come over here." Said Peter.

I came out of my tent, and saw Peter sitting down on a log. In front of him was an 8 year old girl with a brown dress, and a linen shawl, covering her hair.

Her eyes were glowing red. In between her and Peter, there was a hearth, glowing bright red.

The little girl smiled. "Have a seat. I am Hestia, the goddess of the hearth."

I sat down, confused. What do I do now?

As I sat, Hestia waved her hand, and a table of food appeared.

"These are for both of you" Said Hestia.

Peter immediately ate. After what I heard from Atalanta about sacrificing to the gods and goddesses, I got a portion of food, and threw it at the fire, then I ate.

Hestia smiled. "Thank you, Kurt."

I nodded, with a tear on my cheek.

Hestia looked at me nicely. "Kurt"

"Yes?" I asked.

"I can feel your emotion" Said Hestia. "So, you lost your friend, Atalanta?"

"Yes." I answered. "All because of a dragon."

"Do not feel too bad about it. Most Importantly, do not blame yourself."

"Is this why you came here?" Asked Peter.

"No" Said Hestia. "I came gere to tell both of you something else. It is about Psyche, and Warren."

I felt angry. "Warren!? He didn't even do anything! He did not try to save Atalanta!!!"

"Shhh." Said Hestia. "Calm down"

I sat down, knowing that I shouldn't mess with a goddess.

"Now, about Warren." Continued Hestia. "Everyone sees him as a dangerous person. He has a really bad temper, and a really tough attitude, but in the inside, he is very soft."

I didn't believe what she was saying. He has killed many people in the cage fight.

"Yes, he has killed many people," Said Hestia, like she was reading my mind. "But, in the inside, he is very sad. Not angry. Imagine how it feels like, spending an eternity being forced to fight in a cage, and losing everything afterwards?

I was also forced into a cage fight, but once. Only once. I just thought about it.

"Now," Said Hestia. "About Psyche, she may seem very quiet, and empty, but she is more that what anyone thinks."

I simply nodded.

"She has the same powers as her sisters. She can raise the undead, make creepy faces and detach limbs, but there are two special things about her. She can communicate with the dead. The most special part? She can read people's minds, just like how she can with the dead.

My mind was blown.

"Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. Peter, go to Siri now, and talk to her." She said.

"Why?" Asked Peter. "I was gonna talk to Sans about puns!"

Hestia laughed. "Just do it."

Peter nervously nodded, and left.

"Ok, Kurt" said Hestia. "We have more to talk about."