15. Last Night

~M I K E~
'Mike let's dance.' Catherine said as she got up. 'With no music?' I asked, chuckling. I was a little tipsy. 'I'll sing a song if you dance with me.' She giggled. 'Deal.' I got up, I grabbed her by her waist as I slowly pushed her against me. "How I wish you were mine."
'If I fell in love with you. Would you promise to be true and help me understand cause I've been in love before and I found that love was more than just holding hands...' I knew the song right away, 'If I fell' by the Beatles. Catherine's voice was so beautiful. I closed my eyes as her voice sooth my ears. The song was coming to an end, I decided to join along, even though my voice sounded horrible.
'So I hope you see that I would love to love you and that she will cry. When she learns we are two. If I fell in love with you.' We finished the song, Catherine looked up to me, I leaned my forehead against hers. We locked eyes. Our lips were so close to each other. She smiled as she leaned against me, closing the gap by licking my cheek.
"Tag you're it." She said as she giggled. I chuckled as I chased after her. After a few moments, I couldn't catch up to her. I smiled until I heard the sound of a train. I stopped dead in my tracks as the train was coming towards Catherine, she stood still, not moving a muscle. I started running. "Cat! Get out of the way!" I yelled. I ran faster towards her as I pulled her to the side, the train was a few inches away from her. "Cat! Why didn't you move!? You could've died!" I yelled. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." I hugged her. "Shh. You're safe with me." My heart was pounding out of my chest. "I'm sorry Mikey, I didn't mean to scare you." Catherine whispered as she was shivering. "Here. You're freezing." I said as I handed her my hoodie. She slowly put it on. "Mikey. I'm broken and I can't be fixed."
It felt wrong lying to Catherine, but I'll rather keep that moment to myself.