At the end of the world

Walking on the dirty streets Farkas was searching. Searching ,for the target. In the rotten town ,where more rat were living than sane people.Criminals hiding and headhunters hunting. The garbage of the country.His home,since he could remember he was here. Knowing these streets better than his own palms.Every inn,every whorehouse ,every place where the human traffickers hides themselves or the humans they are doing business with. The drug lords or the arm dealers 's headquarters . It was natural to know your hunting zone . The bounty wasn't big this time but the landlord commanded payment and his stomach commanded food,after two day it was natural respond . As he walked his leather sheath grazed the dust on the land. His hand on the hilt of his sword . Old habits die hard. And this old habit and carefulness saved his life couple of times. Always be ready ,it was the second lesson of his life,awareness. The rain fell heavily and the dust turned into mud . He was lucky to have leather boots that reached at his knees,protecting his feet from the wet coldness. He also wore leather pants that had a red belt where his weapon holder was placed.

They say before the darkness there was another world under the heavy and always dark skies. Culture ,talking machines,and lots of kind of food ,clothes ,they say the world was bright and beautiful. There was two half of the days,one always dark and one always filled with the light. Not with candle but with a bigger more brighter fire that was upon the skies. The tales says that there was greenness and more other colors on man-land.

Farkas once saw a -the priest called it -painting. It was time ,time and people freezed on paper with colors. It was breathtaking. He couldn't find anything familiar to that.

When he was a child the father always talked about fairy tales with the thing called sun ,the large fire . Tales about another world before man-land, where everybody could read and there were thousands and millions of books. Not just in the church. There were machines .

Machines that worked without horses or manpower. There were much larger cities and big birds built from steel that flew across them. Sometimes Farkas questioned the old man sanity.But crazy or not he loved to hear the tales at bedtimes with the other kids inside the church walls.

"Engem keresel?"

Hearing the voice and the unfamiliar words he turned around glancing up from the hood over his head. "Who?" Grip on the hilt ready to attack ,or defend in need.

"I asked if you were looking for me." A man in toga and in ankle boots stepped out of the shadows of a wooden house,a large belt was around his hips.

"Are you Kun the Tartar?" Questioned Farkas pulling his sword out of its sheath.Watching and raising it as the man stepped closer in his hand a spear. A creepy smile on the man sacred face as he spun around his weapon with two hand. "What if I am?"

Farkas grinned pulling the leather hood off ,showing his face. "Then i am searching for you."

"Didn't thought my bounty is this big.Not else but Farkas is out for my head on silver plate. I would be even honored if you wouldn't be the Baron lackey. " The man attacked as soon as he finished his words .Smacking with the handle of the spear Farkas's legs ,making him kissing with face the mud.Farkas quickly rolled over onto his back avoiding the iron head of the weapon that threatened to stab him. Showing his sword hard into the stomach of the man who raised his hands with the spear leaving his torso without defense. Kun gasped and dropped the spear while blood bubbled out of his mouth. "Ain't that much money just so you know." Farkas turned and pushed deeper his sword ,gutting the man out. Kicking the dying man off of his weapon ,Farkas stood up and winced at the innards on his clothes. "Fucker!" Kicking the unmoving but breathing man he cursed some more ,then wiped the blood down from his face before cutting the head off and placing it in a garment bag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just one at a time men." Shouted the bald and fat man over the counter at the horde of head hunters in the city security center where the payment waited for the criminals heads. "Who you got?" Asked with paper and pencil in hand the bald Istvan from the head hunter across him.

"The Reaper." The man throw the Reaper's lifeless head on the table . Istvan turned it to face him and compared it ,with the paper in his hand.After a nod he marked the paper and pushed the head in a casket beside the table with a fast movement. Like somebody who is doing it for, like an eternity. "Five golden fort."

"What?? The wanted posters said 10!" Raised his voice the tall hunter and slapped his fists on the table.Making the two guard move closer to Istvan side. They were watching over the administrator's work and of course gave him a peace of mind when the room was filled with killers.Raging killers.

"It was a week before ,the Lord gave out a new price for his head." Sighed Istvan placing five golden fort on the table close to the angry hunter. "Five or nothing."

"Fuck you!" Shouted the tall man and put in his packet the money." I won't bring here my pray anymore,the other Lords paying far more ." With that he stormed out of the room.

"Next!"

Farkas went to the table placed the head down."Kun, Eight golden fort . . .was when I last checked."

Istvan nodded verified the head identity and dropped it in the casket before searching his wanted paper and mark it then placing it on the arrested holder. "Eight golden fort. "

With the money and a nod Farkas leaved through the door and shut it after himself. The rain still fell hard and the air was heavy like always. Pulling his hood on with his leather gloved hands ,Farkas sighed and started to made his way to one of the inns for dinner before going with the money to his landlord.