Prologue

NoPOV

The final corridor to the surface was quiet, the only sound being a light woosh of wind, tracing across the rocky walls of the underground's kingdom. The room was musty and damp for the most part, however a beam of sunlight shone through the opening of the Underground, adding a bright, and optimistic value to the area. The sunniess would fade in and out, due to the partial covering of the bright, orb of natural light by a passing cloud or two. The only other source of light in this room would be a set of 7 large canisters, lined across a wall of the corridor. 6 of these canisters, each contained a light of a different hue: those consisting of a light, cyanny-blue, a bright and fiery orange, a deep and glowing indigo blue, a warm, but strong violet, a soft and inviting green, and a illuminating, radial yellow. All 6 of these canisters contained a beaming heart of each color, each representing a different attribute; paitence, bravery, integrity, perseverance, kindness, and justice. However, the last canister, located all the way to the right of the row of hearts, remained empty, its volume dark and empty compared to the rest. One who is inexperienced to the history of this area of the underground would be common to wonder its existence, why it was empty, and why it stood out so much from the rest.

The room went dark again once more, as a heavier, thick group of clouds shrouded every inch of sunlight that was once glimmering through the opening of the caverns. A sudden sound of burrowing underneath the soily surfaces of the underground began to stir in the normally quiet corridor, and all of the sudden, a sudden figure popped from the ground. Quite strangely, it was a flower, a bright yellow in color, and even more peculiar enough, it had a face. Usually, this monster was always smiling, and its reaction was always happy to everything it sees. However, this did not seem to be the case on this occasion, as his expression was quite blank, and hard to read. Though if one had to guess, it would have to be... d e t e r m i n a t i o n.

"The SOULS...." The flower murmered under its breath. "The six human SOULS that were originally going to be used to break the barrier of the underground, and free us all..." The flower transported himself closer to the canisters which held the only source of light, the array of different colors splashing on the plant's face. His eyes glimmered as he gazed upon all six. "Honestly, its quite stupid for the ENTIRE human and monster race to just forget about and leave this source of power out in the open just for anyone to have..." The flower squinted his eyes as he shifted his gaze from SOUL to SOUL, examining each one carefully, before scrunching his eyes up completely.

Suddenly, a humoungus vine appeared at the left side of the line of canisters, almost as big as the size of the containers, if not bigger. The flower smirked, allowing the vine he just formed to stretch and test out its movements. "Well, if theyve decided to be a bunch of IDIOTS and not remember this source of power just lying around here....

Then ILL just have to take it for myself." The vine suddenly jolted towards the line of canisters, shattering the glass of each and every one, snatching the SOULS that escaped them. The glowing hearts gravitated towards the flower, and the room went eerily dark as the flower then absorbed them, the light from the SOULS being no more. Then, a sudden flash of bright, white light filled the room, revealing that the flower had dissapeared, only to be replaced by a new, much larger form, of a pure, white goat. He let out a chuckle, his new form illuminating the room with a white light. "Now, lets see how they react when they find out I have returned, and I have new power that they just left lying out for me." The goat created two orbs of light in his large, furry paws, showing off his immense difference in power to no one in particular. "Perhaps, this will teach those I D I O T S a lesson." The goat gave one last chuckle, before dissapearing in the blink of an eye, the room returning to a pitch black. As if on cue, the sunlight began to shine back in the corridor, the state of light returning to what it once was before the release of new power was taken into wrong hands.

O

M

G

Look whos back! With more Underfalls! This is really exciting bc just recently, i got a surge of inspiration, and i just started writing up a storm tonight. I wanted to post the first chapter tonight before i went to bed, just to show you guys im not dead, and i want to keep you guys happy by writing more. I plan on trying to write a lot more now that summers here, and now that i actually have an idea for another series! Aaaaaaa im just so excited, and i hope you all enjoy this series so much. I look forward to seeing you all in the future!