nineteen

Mark chewed on his lip as the thought of a way to tell Jack his news. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it almost immediately.

"Mark." Jack took Mark's hands in his. "You can tell me anything."

Mark took a deep breath and spoke, "I'm leaving. My mom got a new job in LA and we're leaving in two and a half weeks."
Mark was impressed that he said all that without stuttering.

Tears rolled down his face as Jack processed the news.

Jack had shock all over his face.

"Look, I know it's a lot to process all at once. My mom called while you were asleep last night, and I didn't want to disturb your sleep with my crying so I slept on the couch. And that's why I haven't talked to you all day. Jack, I'm so sorry."

Jack was crying and trying to put words together.
"I-I.. What? Mark, please tell me you're kidding. Please tell me this is a prank and Felix and Audrey are going to pop around the corner laughing. This is a prank, isn't it..?"

"Jack, I wish this was a prank just as much as you do. Even more. I wish that phone call was just a horrible nightmare and I wasn't really leaving. I wish I could stay with you forever. But I can't, and I hate that. I have two more weeks to spend with you, Felix, and Audrey and I'm going to make the most of it."

Jack wiped his eyes, "Fuck!" He slammed his fists on the table and everyone in the cafeteria looked. "Why the fuck does this have to happen?! Why does God have to take away one of the few things that makes me happy?"

"Jack, listen, I–"

"No, let me be angry. I'll calm down eventually, just leave me be for a bit." Jack stood up and walked out of the room.

Audrey walked in and sat down across from Mark. "Did you tell him?"

"Yeah. He's mad right now but he'll be back in a few minutes."

"So.. what are you going to do once you leave? Are you going to have a long distance relationship?"

"I don't think so. I'm already stressed enough as it is and I don't want to worry about a relationship after I leave. I think I'm going to break it off with Jack before I leave, even if we don't stay separated forever. I just don't know how I'm going to tell him.

"Well, you have to weeks to practice how you're going to tell him."

Jack walked back in and looked calmer but sadder. "I'm back." He said as he sat down. "Hey, Audrey. Did Mark tell you?"

"Yes. He told me this morning."

"What?! He told–" Jack took a deep breath, "No. I'm not going to get mad again. I'm going to calm down, think all this through, and we're going to make this the most amazing two weeks of our lives."

The four of them spent the weeks playing video games, watching movies, eating snacks, and having a good time.

Now was the day they'd all been dreading. Today was Mark's last day there before he moved. Today was the day he would tell Jack about splitting up. The day he would leave his friends. The day he would remember for the rest of his life.

They all spent that day walking sadly around Mark's empty house.
"Mark, honey, were leaving in fifteen minutes. Say your goodbyes, we need to get going soon." Mark's mom said.

"Okay."
Mark looked Jack in the eyes. "We can still be together, right?" The way Jack asked that question with those sad eyes made Mark want to hug him tightly and kiss him over and over.

"Jack.."

"It's okay if you don't want to. I understand that you're going through some tough times right now, and I respect that. I don't need a relationship. Just know that if you're ever sad, stressed, or lonely, or if you just need a friend, I'm here. I'm only one call away. One text, one click away. Call me if you ever need me."

They looked each other in the eyes and kissed. It was a kiss that had everything they felt for each other in it. It was the last one they would ever share with each other, and they were going to make it count.

They finally let go and looked around at Felix and Audrey. Mark signaled for them to join in the hug. They all stood with teary eyes until Mark's mom said it was time to leave. They walked outside and said their goodbyes.

"Audrey, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for helping me through the tough times and being the most comforting and friendly girl I've ever met." The two exchanged a hug.

"Felix, thank you for being the most amazing guy ever. I'm going to miss staying up until two a.m. playing video games with you. I'll miss you." They too shared a hug, and Mark moved on to Jack.

"And Jack. Where do I begin? I know I've known you longer than them, being in your fifth grade class and all, but I love you just as much. Romantically, I love you more then words can even begin to describe. You're funny, smart, kind, and the best boyfriend I could ask for."

"Don't you mean could've asked for? W-we're not together anymore."

"You know, I've changed my mind. Times may be tough, but I'm not going to give up on us just because I'm leaving. I may be leaving this town, but that doesn't mean I'm leaving you. Felix or Audrey, either. We'll find a way to make it work. I'll run here if I have to. But I'm not giving up on my best friends."

"Come on, Mark! Say your goodbyes and let's get going! Our flight leaves in an hour!"

"Just a minute, Dad." Mark looked at them, "Now I don't want to get any more sappy and depressing. We'll Skype each other and keep in touch. We'll make it so it's like I never left, alright?"

"I love you." Jack said as he snuggled his head in Mark's chest. They all shared one final hug.
"Well, I better get going before my dad yells again. I love you all, remember that. I'll Skype you when I have the chance. Goodbye."

Mark walked to the car and they all watched with tears in their eyes as Mark left.

"I love you." Jack silently whispered as the car faded into the sunset.

AND THAT'S THEN END OF THIS SHITTY STORY!

Writing this chapter actually made me sad because I get really depressed when I think about stuff like this.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who read this.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed this story. I had a lot of fun writing it.

I might write another story in the future. It might be a fanfiction if I do, maybe not. I would like to watch Sherlock and maybe write a Johnlock fanfic, who knows?

And at that, I'm am going to leave.

Thank you for reading.

And
Goooodbyyyyee!!
-Kayla