Forty

"All the British accents make me want to be British." I tell Shawn. He just laughs at me.

I run and kick a stone that was sticking out of the pavement slightly. It rolls a few feet and stops when it hits somebody's foot.

The guy looks down at the stone and then looks up at us.

"Sorry!" I apologize.

"It's okay." He says in his British accent.

His hair is black and angled to the right on his forehead. He is wearing a button-up t-shirt with a blue pattern. The color of his shirt compliments his very blue eyes. He's pretty tall. About the same height as Shawn.

(AN: Phil Lester if you didn't know *im trash*)

I love the British accents.

"Where do you want to go?" Shawn asks me.

"I have no idea. You're the one that's been to London before, not me." I shrug.

"We could go to dinner?" He suggests. It's getting kind of dark out now.

"Dinner would be nice." I shrug.

We walk for a while before we see a cute little restaurant to eat at. Little lights line the walls and it looks very elegant without being too fancy.

"Here's your table." The man tells us in his deep British accent.

"Why can't you be British?" I ask Shawn once the man has walked away. I lean my chin on the palm of my hand as I wait for his answer.

"Because I was born Canadian?"

"That's just an excuse." I shake my head playfully.

"Fine why don't you go date the waiter then." He says and crosses his arms.

"I might, Did you hear his voice?" I put my hand over my chest and sigh.

Shawn laughs and soon I join in with the laughter.

"Seriously? You're ordering a cheeseburger? There are so many options." He says and flops through the many pages in the menu.

"Okay what are you getting?" I argue back.

"A cheeseburger." He laughs.

"That's what I thought." I roll my eyes just as the waiter puts down the tray of food. He gives me my burger first and I look up at him.

"Can you be my new boyfriend? Mine is getting kind of boring." I joke and point to Shawn, sitting across from me.

"Oh of course." The waiter jokes with me and laughs as he walks away.

"I can't believe you actually said that. I'm not boring." Shawn pouts.

"Yes you are."

"I'll go get myself a new girlfriend then." He says and looks around.

"That one." He says and points to a girl sitting a few tables over.

She has dirty blonde hair that reaches her waist in beautiful thick waves. Her face is beautiful with high cheek bones and full lips. Her makeup is flawless. Her outfit is cute, light wash skinny jeans and a pink loose tank top. I bet she has a British accent too. I can't help but feel jealous because he picked the most beautiful girl in the whole restaurant. I look down at my jean shorts and plain black t-shirt.

"Oh okay." I laugh despite the jealousy bubbling in my stomach.

He only chuckles and continues to eat his burger. He notices me picking at my food rather than eating it.

"What's wrong?" He asks with his mouth full of burger.

"Nothing." I mumble and eat a french-fry.

"I love you." He suddenly says and I blush.

"I love you too." I laugh. He leans over the table and kisses my forehead. All of the jealousy that I previously felt has vanished.

We walk through the streets of London in the dark after we exit the restaurant.

"It's so much prettier at night." I say and look up at the shinning buildings. The city of London is lit up and it looks absolutely beautiful. I've always loved the city. My time in New York City was so amazing. I can't wait to attend NYU in the fall.

"Tokyo is amazing, in the night and day." He tells me and nudges my shoulder.

When the Europe tour is over, we'll head to Asia. I'm so excited to see my mom, dad and brother. Asia is our last stop before America. Which means it's my last stop on the tour before school starts in the fall.

"I'm tired." I say and walk into him slightly. I catch him off guard and he stumbles. I trip over my own feet and go flying into the pavement. My knees and the palms of my hands sting.

I would usually start crying or try to play it cool. I just start laughing.

"Oh my god!" Shawn exclaims and kneels down next to me.

"I'm-" I burst out laughing. "-fine." I cover my mouth, muffling my laughter.

People waking by stare at us with either concern or confusion. Shawn grabs my hand and pulls me up with him. My knee goes straight and the scrape stings.

"Ow." I wince and bend my knee up. Shawn puts his arm behind my knees and sweeps me up into the air. Before I know it, he's carrying me bridal style down the street. We are walking towards the hotel so I assume he's taking us 'home'. I close my eyes and lean my head on his chest.

I open my eyes as I'm being lowered to the bed. I close them immediately and fall asleep fast.

As I'm half asleep, I can feel Shawn climbing into the bed with me but I don't acknowledge it.

The next time I wake up, I'm greeted by the morning London sun. I stretch my arms and legs out and become very aware of my scrapped knee. I wince and curl back into a ball.

"Roni?" Shawn mumbles and reaches his hand out for me.

"Ye- ow- es?" I answer.

His eyes open and he looks at my curled up position. He sits up and rubs this hand over his face.

"We gotta get you cleaned up." He says and walks to the bathroom. He calls my name once he finds the first aid kit.

I walk into the bathroom and take a seat on the marble stone countertop. He takes a wet wash cloth and presses it over my knee. The wound hasn't had time to heal or scab over so the exposed skin stings. I breath in short breathes through my teeth as he puts some kind of ointment on it.

I'm still wearing my jean shorts from last night so my legs are almost completely bare, making it easy to treat the wound on my knee.

"All better." He says as he places the band aid over my knee. My hands still sting but a band aid wouldn't do anything for my hands.

I jump down from the counter and walk back into the room. A loud smack makes me whip around with my hand ready to smack someone.

Shawn runs away from me laughing. I look down to my butt where he just smacked and my cheeks go red.

"Shawn." I groan and cover my face as I go after him. He's probably hiding somewhere.

He kisses me when I finally find him hiding next to the bed. I'd like to go into detail about what happens next but I don't think that's appropriate.