Chapter 1 - Percy

Percy jumped out of bed and reached for Riptide as he heard the shrilling sound pierce through his room. He spun around, searching for the source of the awful noise, only to realise it was just his alarm clock, set for 7 am. He let his sword sink slowly in relief, but also in slight dissapointment. Ever since Gaea was defeated and the Argo II members returned to their camps the seven struggled with getting back into a normal every-day routine. They had been busy travelling from the east to the west coast checking on Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood and making sure everything was ok. A lot of Romans and Greeks were still a bit reserved and cautious though, not really trusting the new ally. But all in all the campers on each side were very coorparative and helpful. The Greek campers introduced the Romans to Capture the Flag and in exchange they educated the Greeks in 100 ways to kill a person with a paper clip. Grover had introduced the Fauns to the Council of Cloven Elders to show them that they were capable of so much more than just being beggers. He had freaked out when seeing how the Fauns were treated in Camp Jupiter. After letting out a series of Greek curses and causing confusion among the Fauns , he made it his duty to "give them back their lost honour" as he liked to picture it.
"Are you trying to slice your alarm clock in pieces again?" Percy turned his gaze to the door. Annabeth was standing in the frame with her arms crossed. She was already dressed in dark blue jeans and a white shirt. Her damp hair was wrapped in a towel and she was looking at him with amusement in her eyes. "You know, I wouldn't mess with it. It could tick you off! Oh my God that was so bad. I thought puns were supposed to be funny. Well, I've never really understood your humor." Annabeth frowned. "Anyways, the bathroom is not occupied anymore. You can go and take a shower before Paul does for 10 hours. You know how long it takes him to get ready." Yeah, he did. His mom said once that Paul just needed to take care of his inner Victoria's Secret model sometimes to keep sanity. Percy's step dad had more men beauty products than the rest of the family's combined. He even admitted using Sally's concealer now and then when he didn't get enough of sleep and had dark circles around his eyes. "I'll get you one of those Kylie Jenner Lip Kits for Christmas", she had said teasingly ones at dinner, "Than you can audition for Americas Next Top Model and get the title of 'Sassiest Husband on the Planet'" Everybody had burst into laughter except for Paul: "Can't a man care for his appearence without being made fun of?"
Percy put the cap back on Riptide and the sword instantly turned back to a pen. He suddenly realised that he was only wearing his Spiderman boxers and nothing else. He blushed and quickly put on the pair of sweatpants that were lying on the wooden floor. Annabeth chuckled. "Don't worry", she said while loosening her arms and moving towards Percy, "I won't tell anyone that the great son of Poseidon Perseus Jackson secretly wears spiderman undies." Annabeth wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in for a kiss. Percy gently pulled her closer and kissed her back. Oh gosh, he never ever could get enough of Annabeth. She smelled like lemongras and vanilla. Every time she kissed him it felt like electricity pumping through his veins. She was like a magnet attracting him and he unresistingly fell for her.
Annabeth gently released herself from her boyfriend. "You better get ready now, don't want to be late for your first day of Junior year." "No, I guess not", Percy kissed Annabeth on the forehead, "Oh and by the way it's your turn to make the bed today." Annabeth rolled her eyes and playfully hit Percy on the chest . "Get out of here." Percy grinned and set off for the door "Oh and uhm, Percy?" "Yeah?", Percy paused at the door and turned around raising an eyebrow.

"Brush your teeth, Seaweed Brain."