Chapter 2 - Percy

"Floor 3a, 302?" Percy looked up from the piece of paper Paul had thrusted into his hands right before rushing to the teachers room. He didn't even have the chance to ask him where exactly he was supposed to go. They were running late because New York traffic likes to let people run late and Percy only had 10 minutes to get to class. The hallways were packed with students: Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors trying to find their lockers and classes. The School decided to change the division of all floor plans for the new school year and everyone tried to figure out where to go. Annabeth was out of site. She had quickly given Percy a kiss on the cheek before heading to her class room. Ofcourse she'd know where to go. And ofcourse he would not.
Percy sighed and tried to ask a girl who was getting her books out of her locker if she could help: "Uhm hey, sorry to bother you but do you know where..."
Percy hesitated. The girl was giving him a death stare and the message was clear: GET OUT OF MY WAY!
Surprised he stepped aside and the girl slammed her locker shut. She put on her black over-ear headphones and rushed away, bumping into Percy's shoulder. Percy was startled. Well, that went great. I get to save the world from a crazy lunatic, old dirt-lady and that's what I receive as a thank you? Awesome.
The demigod shook his head and tried to focus. As far as he knew, he was on floor 1b. He guessed that every floor had 3 sections: a,b and c. Section a would be on the left side, section b in the middle and section c on the right.  So all he had to do was find a staircase, go up two more floors and find the correct section. He walked around and found a staircase. In the exact moment the bell rang: It was 8:30 am. "Oh no" Percy burst out into a sprint. There were still a couple of students wandering around the place. But Percy wanted to make a good impression to make up for the accident with Rachel Elizabeth Dare and the Empousa two years ago. Paul had to really fight for Percy to be able to attend the school again. Eventually the principal agreed, but promised that the boy would be expelled if he caused any kind of trouble.
Percy reached the third floor and paused to take a look around. apparently, there were five sections and they were classified by numbers, not letters. Percy cursed Greek in frustration. By the time he'd find his class, it would've been over. "Great", he said to himself, "Maybe I should've just stayed in camp and watered flowers or something. 'Perseus Jackson- The Son of Poseidon who never found Floor 3a, 302 and decided to become a gardner instead'. Who's the heroic one now?"
"Uhm dude are you ok?", Percy spun round and saw a boy looking at him full of confusion. He only then noticed that he had spoken his thoughts out loud. The boy looked his age. He had short, curly brown hair, almost like Leo but his was more frizzy and uneven. He was wearing ripped jeans and an Adidas tee with a pair of Jordans. He looked like one of those popular kids you'd see in movies who'd party all the time and be incredibly athletic. "You seem to be weird but I think I know whete Floor 3a, 302 is, that's where I'm heading too." Percy first checked his monster-radar, but the guy seemed to be human. He gained back hope. Maybe he didn't have to be a flower-waterer after all. "That would be cool, thanks."
"The name's Jeff by the way." The boy nodded quickly.
"Percy." The demigod nodded back.
"Well Percy, follow me. We're both late to class."