Chapter Eight: The Brother With A Temper

Malia woke with a start, watching Octavia start to bundle Lincoln with clothes she stole and placed the hood over his head.

"What are you doing?" Malia asked, making Octavia look over her shoulder at the once sleeping girl.

"I'm helping him escape. He doesn't mean any harm and doesn't deserve it." Octavia continued to cloth him.

Malia noticed a leather book a few feet from her. She retrieved it and flipped through the paged. Markings that went in rows of five were on two pages.

On other pages were plants and words. But on a specific page there was a drawing. A drawing of Octavia. Malia looked through her lashes to make sure they weren't looking when she tore the page from the book and stuffed it into her pocket.

Not understanding why she did, she took the book and held it out towards him. Lincoln stared at her, taking the book but not breaking contact.

He knew; but he wouldn't say anything. She knew that. He was a rogue grounder, so he had to survive on his own and tried to avoid danger as much as possible.

Telling anyone would result in his death by her claws and teeth. No mercy was ever shown to anyone or enemy she'd faced.

"Help me get him get past everyone. Including my brother. Please." Octavia pleaded.

She didn't have to ask twice when Malia put one of his arms around her shoulders and carried most of his weight. They made it down the ladder but going outside was the problem.

"Can you distract my brother? Anyone else won't be a problem." Octavia asked, seeing Bellamy at the fire with everyone else.

Malia nodded, hesitate because she had absolutely no idea how to distract him. Malia let go of Lincoln and made her way outside.

She headed straight for Bellamy and did what was maybe one of the dumbest but most relieving things she'd done as a human.

She took her fist and clocked it right on the side of his head. She let out a yelp of pain, forgetting she wasn't as strong as her wold form.

Bellamy was knocked to the side, dizzy for a moment before getting to his feet and looking straight at Malia.

"What the hell was that for!?" Bellamy exclaimed, catching everyone's attention.

Malia looked to her left and noticed Octavia successfully getting Lincoln to the gate. She wanted to tell him it was because he almost tried to kill her and almost got her seriously injured by the fog, but that wasn't necessary right now.

"That was for the grounder, he didn't deserve all of that for one little flask." Malia stood her ground. Bellamy was a tough one.

"It was for our friend. Who the hell are you anyways, to tell me how to do things?" Bellamy took a step forward, Malia didn't flinch.

"I'm someone you should be careful of, someone you shouldn't get off on the wrong foot with." Malia threatened.

Bellamy scoffed. "You wouldn't be able to land a hand on me, so why make a threat like that, princess?"

"I just punch you in the side of the head, I believe I can get more than a hand on you." Shouts of encouragement were made by the teenagers.

Octavia had stood by to watch. Malia was doing more than enough to distract. Lincoln was already gone by now, but she wanted to see how far it would go.

"I suggest you walk away to where ever you came from before I do something I regret." Bellamy warned, holding a knife in his hand. Malia wanted to scoff and tell him that a single swip of her clawed hand could do more damage than a knife.

"I know you don't regret hurting him so I'm positive you'll have no trouble doing your worst on me." Malia crossed her arms, earning more shouts.

Bellamy kept a straight face. His eyes traveled behind Malia, seeing Murphy steping towards her with his hands out and a knife in one.

"Murphy don't!" Octavia screamed in fear, catching Malia's attention. She turned around just as Murphy had lunged forward.

Malia avoided the direct strike, but got a clean swip across her arm. It began to bleed profoundly as she took Murphy's arm and twisted it behind his back, taking the knife and pressing it right to his throat.

"Gang ups aren't fair. Don't get into something you won't win, Bellamy." Malia sneered, digging the knife into Murphy's arm.

He yelled in pain, falling to the ground and clutched the knife the rested in his arm. Clarke had went to go help him, but decided against it and waited until it was over.

No one moved. No one made a sound. Not until a knife was sent through the air and just nicked Malia's ear and buried itself into the tree a few feet from her.

Malia smirked, wanting to push him into the fire that he stood in front of, but knew such thing would crush Octavia.

So she backed away, keeping a close eye on Bellamy who followed her to the gate exit. "Watch your back, Bellamy! The forest is a dangerous place. You never know what could be out there." Malia shouted.

And in that split second before she disappeared behind the gate, her eyes glowed it's radioactive blue.

×××

Octavia followed Malia outside the gate after a few minutes. She was seconds away from turning into her wolf form when a hand was on her shoulder.

"Thank you, but you didn't need to go to that extreme." Octavia said.

Malia shrugged. "He had no right to do such a thing to Lincoln. Now it's late, I must return home."

"Are there others with you?" Octavia asked.

"No." Malia deadpanned. "Just me."

"Stay with us then, there's enough room to fit you." Octavia tried to convince Malia, but there was no way in doing so.

"Sorry, but I'd probably be dead the minute I stepped back in. By your brothers hands." Malia said.

"I'm Octavia." She said suddenly.

Malia's eyes widened. She couldn't tell her name, she'd figure out she was the wolf. So she swallowed her words and gave the brunette a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Octavia." Octavia felt under a trance, seeing her smile like that.

"Aren't you going to--" Octavia stopped talking when she saw that Malia was nowhere to be found. She'd disappeared into thin air.

Octavia shivered, the cold finally getting to her. Her gaze lingered on the spot Malia had been, feeling a slight pain in her heart thay she was gone.

She'd saved her and Finn and Lincoln. So many good deeds and she didn't even know her name.

×××

A quicker update for you lovely people. I wrote this just now. I felt in the writing mood. Do any of you have any suggestions as to what the next chapter might be about? Maybe how Octavia is going to figure out that Malia is the wolf?

Much love, Ansley xx