Chapter Thirteen: The Woman From The Sky

The storm surpassed, but there was yellow fog still passing by, leaving them to all stay inside. Octavia stayed with Malia, small conversation and sleeping took up most of their time.

It was when the metal door let out a gust of compressed air that made the two girls jump awake. They were the last ones out the door to see everyone breathing the clear air. Well, to them it was.

Malia smiled, it was small. It was nice to be outside again. She was itching for a run. But not with her two feet.

She turned to Octavia. "I'm going for a run." Her eyes shone blue for a moment.

"Be careful, and don't stay away too long." Octavia said with her hand on Malia's arm.

Malia nodded and jogged out of the gates, soon turning into her wolf self and bolting, howling into the air at the freedom she had now.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Octavia watched her go, a small smile displayed. This feeling in her stomach about Malia wouldn't go away.

Octavia walked back into the gates and closed them. Bellamy watched from afar. His sister was happy. She already was before, but it heightened.

Malia affected the mood of Octavia, it was obvious. But Bellamy still got a bad vibe from her. A strange familiar one, not just because he'd seen her so many times.

People began piling out from the dropship, getting back to work instantly when Bellamy called out the order. They were almost finished. They still needed more food. The wolf was their only option, despite Malia's warning.

But as Bellamy was going to set out to find the wolf again, there was a blast, a purple light hurling straight to earth. Octavia stood from her seated position to watch it fly somewhere miles from their camp.

"A dropship. Maybe it's supplies from the Arc." Clarke said, hope grew in her eyes.

Bellamy's eyes held worry. He didn't want to know what was in there. Or who. Whatever it was, he needed to get rid of it.

"We head out at dawn. At night it's more dangerous." Bellamy commanded. Clarke glanced at him, seeing some discomfort.

She ignored it, walking back into the dropship. Octavia could care less about it. The Ark wouldn't be generous enough to send supplies down, so it must be something else.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Malia saw the familiar metal box fly somewhere to the ground in the distance, but chose not to run after it. Last time she did that she found people.

Okay, maybe it wasn't so bad, but she didn't feel a need to investigate. She didn't need to risk herself of danger. She needed to be by Octavia in case something happened.

Whatever feelings she was feeling right now, they were warm and she welcomed them. Kissing Octavia felt nice. Her lips were soft.

Malia hadn't felt this way since Juliet, someone she'd almost long forgotten with the length of time she'd been running as a wolf. A hundred years or so and she'd almost managed to forget.

The sound of snapping twigs in the distance made Malia wonder. Who was out so late. The grounders were more sneaky than that, plus they usually didn't come out at night. Malia was cautious, her eyes lighting up when she smelt a familiar smell.

Malia instinctively growled. Bellamy. She thought.

Now she had a reason to go into the dark that night.

Malia followed quietly for a long time, so long that the sun had began to come up, keeping in mind not to accidently sink her teeth into Bellamy. Whatever she had with Octavia was something she didn't want to jeopardize.

Bellamy stopped his quick steps, slowing down. Malia's eyes spotted the metal box the fell from the sky. It was much smaller and dangerous looking than the one the other teenagers came in.

Bellamy opened the door slowly, Malia staying closely behind. His arm jerked sharply and he pulled out a strange box with multiple switches and dials. He was quick to throw it far into the nearby river.

Malia was quick to hid when Bellamy went running back in her direction. Malia walked to the box, spotting an arm hanging in her view. She sniffed it. The human smell was contained, so she had to be cautious.

She raced for the river, searching for whatever the tiny box was. Sticking her nose into the water, her teeth hooked onto the machine and she pulled it out.

She shook it to get rid of any water that'd lodged into it, not knowing what it was for or how to use it, knew enough that it was important and would keep it with her until it needed to be found.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

It was later in the morning when Malia was woken from her sleep. She was grumpy. She hated not sleeping in the comfort of her cave. She felt out in the open. She never liked it. Many voices, including new and angry ones, we're nearby.

Malia grabbed the machine with her teeth and made her way towards the river. There was a sign of frustration she could hear as she got closer.

"Who knows where it is now. Could be miles away now." A new voice said. "And it's all your fault."

"I was looking out for everyone." Bellamy insisted.

"No. You did something stupid and didn't want to get in contact with the Arc because of it." Clarke exclaimed. Her mood seemed angry. Angrier than usual.

Malia stood a good ten feet away from everyone, but it was Bellamy that noticed the wolf and the machine in her mouth. Before he could look away, it had already caught the attention of the others.

"A wolf?" The new voice questioned.

"A frequent visitor, yes." Bellamy gulped. He and the wolf didn't have a good chemistry.

"She has the radio." The girl pointed out. She was out of the white puffed suit and wore a red jacket.

Malia realized this 'radio' she spoke of was what easy in her mouth. The girl didn't seem like any harm, but she would test that. Malia dropped the radio by her side, trotting slowly over to the girl.

Bellamy was nervous. Malia wanted to growl, but that wasn't going to happen. She approched the girl with her nose sniffing. The girl held her hand out cautiously. Malia let her nose graze her hand, getting the whiff of fear, but kindness.

Malia instantly retrieved the radio, giving it to the girl. She smiled and pet the wolf. "A really smart wolf. Damn. Earth is really something."

Malia could picture Octavia smiling knowingly if she was here.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

LONG LONG LONG OVER DUE!!! I'M SO SORRY! I was uninspired and couldn't think of what to write! ALSO!¡ I wanted to do something with the scene with the whole Charlotte and Murphy thing but I totally forgot it happened at the beginning but I had such a good idea with Murphy and Malia being such and good brotp so would it be bad to add Raven into that whole thing and do the scene? Or would that just mess up the whole thing?

Much love, and thank you for your extreme patience, Ansley