Chapter Sixteen: The Declaration Of War

(Warning: what I guess could consider gruesome scenes are described. Aka, Blood, tearing of flesh, being wounded, etc. If any of that bothers you please be cautious with what you read and just skip to before the scenes jump to see the ending.)

Maila's fangs sunk into the first arm presented. Tugging and tearing at it until the skin broke and she was flung off, a chuck of flesh in her mouth. She spat it away. She never liked the taste of human blood.

She caught Murphy battling a grounder with a long stick, protecting himself. She was about to help went to was tumbled to the ground, a grounder on top of her. It was a bit of a struggle to get up and fight back as a wolf, but she was more dangerous that way.

A sharp pain was felt in her left side, her eyes caught the knife that was being slowly pulled out. Blood began to stain her fur. She growled, biting the first thing her teeth could. The grounder screamed, jumping up immediately and clutching his face. She'd gotten his nose.

She got into a stance, feeling pain from her side but shook it off. It would heal soon. She launched at the next grounder, getting a hold of his neck and tearing, surely killing him. She always tried to go for the kill shot when threatened.

Anya was approaching Malia, sword readied. Malia growled, wanting nothing more than to attack. She couldnt die. She knew that. But the thought of that sword going through her body was never something she enjoyed.

The grounders had surrounded Murphy, at least five of them. He was handling them with a handmade spear and the knife given to him by Clarke. On instinct, Malia chose to run away from Anya, towards the grounders.

Malia sunk her teeth into an arm, sharply pulling against the flesh in hopes to pull it apart. She didn't care who she hurt. She was going to protect herself and Murphy. Her eyes glowed as she became angrier when a knife slashed her face, cutting where she cheek would be.

She let go of the arm and launched for the face, managing to latch onto am ear and rip it off. Blood spurred from the wound, the grounder fell back as his arm bled put as well. Malia saw Anya from the corner of her eye watching.

Murphy was suddenly kicked to his feet, a spear headed straight for his neck. Malia sprinted, letting the spear going straight through her stomach. A howl of pain emerged. She hasn't been impaled by a weapon in so long she'd almost forgotten how painful it was.

Murphy laid wide eyed. She kept her stance strong as the spear was pulled from her body. Murphy thought she would've fallen dead. Clearly she knew her strengths and how far to go. Murphy got up, looking down at the wolf. Her eyes glowed and for some reason Murphy understood that she was okay.

Malia went to bite the spear that had wounded her, only to be sliced by a sword. Anya's sword. It had gotten her back, a long cut across. Her fur coat had turned almost completely red. The bud of the sword came down onto Malia's head, knocking her to the ground.

Her vision was blurred, but her ears could hear everything. Including Murphy's calls for Malia before she blacked out.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

It was dark when Octavia made it back to camp with the news. Bellamy didn't have enough time to scowl her for leaving without permission or protection when she wanted them.

"The grounders are coming! They declared war for something we had no part in. We need to be prepared. It's going to take them days to get here. We need to either find a way to negotiate or fight!" Clarke declared when Octavia broke the news to her.