02

eden — about time

jerioah
/jair-oh-i-ah/

he was silent, his smile killing every girl in the class. a living ray of sunshine, he grinned every day, his eyes crinkling up and sparkling, his dimples appearing like lovely little dents in cream.

he loved everyone, they loved him. he had never known sadness or anxiety.

he had never said a cruel word to anyone, especially to those he considered to be less than him. he was self-centered, a bit spoiled and pampered, but nonetheless cared for everyone.

off in his own world, he didn't notice as she got up to get a pass to the library. again.

he had way too much sunshine for her, it disgusted her.

he kept smiling down as he doodled a sun in the corner of his maths paper.

the substitute, a dry old woman, couldn't help but smile when he raised his hand, asking for help.

she didn't know how to do it however, so she scanned the room for an unlucky soul to help him. however bright he was, he wasn't bright. as in intelligent.

her squinted eyes dragged around the room, finally landing on the girl hoping to go to the library for the second time that week.

"you! help him for me, would you?"

"i can't go to the library?"

when the sub shook her grim head, the girl clenched her jaw, coming to sit by him.

"what does he need?"

she gritted out through her teeth and he smiled down at the page, pointing at it.

"how do you do this?"

she leaned closer, a faint smell of vanilla coming to tickle his nose. he smiled at her when she looked up to glance at him, trying to explain it in simplest terms. he said once again,

"i don't get it."

and she frowned, her hair brushing his hand before she ran a hand through it, sighing and cursing under her breath about how stupid boys presumably were, and he frowned for the first time in a long time.

he didn't like her attitude. she didn't act the way the others did.