05

jerioah
/jair-i-oh-ah/

the next day, a different girl helped him in math, because choco (his nickname for beita) wasn't there. he started to talk more and more to the girl, but noticed that she was very self centered and cruel toward other girls.

then he noticed many people in his school were that way. all of them were. even him. he would notice a girl's outfit had a stain on it and laugh, pointing it out to his friends. or he would make fun of the stuttering kid when he tried to ask a girl to the upcoming dance.

he was disgusted in everyone, most of all himself. and one day he snapped. coby, one of his close friends, made fun of choco, shoving her face into her locker. he looked around for help but there was none. students just continued in the hallways, laughing, talking, but no one looked at her. no one cared.

she might as well have been invisible.

so he pulled coby off her, shoved him into a wall, and punched him hard in the face. coby wiped his bloody nose, looking crooked up at him, and yelled curses at him, asking him what the — did he think he was doing and jerioah shouldn't think he could do that because he'd beat the — out of him.

he asked jerioah what he was doing, that no one cared about the girl why in the world would he? and jerioah shook his head, dazed.

jerioah's eyes widened and he looked at his hands, then at choco, who was glaring at him, but she almost looked thankful. and he was so confused, so frustrated, so done with today he had to escape. so he did. went home to clear his head, punched a few pillows, cried a few tears.

then he missed school the next day, but it wasn't because of choco or coby. he was gone, he came back.

but he came back different.

for the rest of the week, he went through his classes like he was in a dream.

didn't smile, look at anyone, not even choco. because he forgot choco. he forgot everyone because of what had happened the day he missed.

home was no longer safe, school wasn't ever safe, he didn't feel safe. he didn't want to think anymore.