Ties and Kisses

(Ed's pov)

  After we finished eating, Oswald decided it would be better if I had some clothes that actually fit. We drove to a tailor even though I insisted that he didn't have to spend money on me.

  "I don't have to, I want to Ed," he replied. Now, he sat in the corner of the small shop smiling.

  "Really, Oswald, this isn't necessary ," I said as a small, old man took my measurements in one of the suits.

  "Of course it is. If I'm going to be mayor I'll need you to look your best," he said. I watched as the old man hobbled into a back room with his notebook. I furrowed my eyebrows.

  "Why?" I asked. If Oswald was to be mayor, surely, I would be leaving his company soon. I would be off somewhere in a grimy, old apartment, wasting away and watching Oswald wave and smile at the citizens of Gotham from an old television set.

  "Because, Ed, when I become mayor I want you by my side." He said as he got up to stand beside me. I looked at myself in the mirror and then at Oswald who smiled beside me in the reflection. My heart gave an odd flip. He wanted me to stay?

  "T-thank you, Oswald," I mumbled. Oswald turned to look me and the suit over. He made a face.

  "What's wrong?" I asked.

  "Something's missing," he replied crossing his arms. He stared for a moment then-

  "I know! a tie, you need a tie," he said and began to look around. He went over to a shelf and picked a black one.

  "Do you know how to tie a tie?" he asked, moving back over to where I was.

  "No," I lied

  "Then I'll do it," he said. He stepped closer and put the tie around my neck. He was much too short; he stood on tip-toe. I looked down at his head of messy black hair and wanted nothing more than to rest my chin there and hold him until the end of time. His face was focused and he bit his lip in concentration. I leaned closer to say something. To kiss him, but no, he looked up at me and tightened the tie a bit.

  "There, now it's perfect." he said. I swallowed hard.

  "Yes, much better," I breathed

  (Oswald's pov)

  I slipped into bed next to Edward. I had just got in from settling a few "deals" for the campaign. Ed's breathing was steady and it was calming after the stressful evening. I hadn't bothered with changing  out of my old clothes,so I lay there in my wrinkled dress shirt and slacks. I looked over at Ed who was fast asleep. My heart beat hard in my chest. Much like it had today in the tailors when I stood so close to him I remembered   his warm breath brushing my cheek ever so slightly, having to direct all my attention towards the tie, and my heart beating and my hands shaking. It was exactly like that now. He was so close. I reached over and brushed a piece of hair from his eyes. Just like I did on the first night. Then ,with my heart pounding and my face burning, I leaned over and kissed him lightly on the forehead. "I love you Edward Nygma," I whispered.