Dinner?

+(This is going off the dinner from the episode because this is how it should end. Who else is real lowkey worried about Oz and Ed? Just me, okay. Well anyways, Enjoy!)

(Edward's pov)

  I woke up and looked over at Oswald who was still asleep beside me. I smiled at his wrinkled shirt and peaceful expression then carefully got up and went into the sitting room.

  I remembered last night very fondly as I sat in the quiet house, watching the sun slowly rise and flood the room with light. I had gotten into bed and was just about to drift off to sleep when I heard Oswald come in. I laid still as I felt him brush a hair from my eyes, and I didn't dare move when I felt his lips press against my forehead; Even though all I wanted to do was grab him and kiss him until he couldn't breath then say with complete pride, "I love you too Oswald!"

  *Yawn* "Morning Ed." I was pulled from my thoughts by a sleepy Oswald shuffling into the room. I blushed lightly.

  "Good Morning." I greeted him cheerfully and stood up. "Did you sleep well?" I asked.

  He rubbed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose for a second, "Y-yes," he said through a yawn. It didn't sound like he slept well at all, but I brushed this off as he came to sit down on the couch.

  I sat again. I stared at him for while, thinking about how cute he was when he was tired. I remembered watching him drift in and out of sleep, all the while mumbling to himself, when he stayed with me.

  "Any plans for today?" I asked. He yawned again then replied.

  "I have a meeting with some thugs at noon. Then another meeting with some government thugs at four. Why?" He asked.

  "Because I want to repay you for all the things you've done for me," I replied.

  "Hmm?" he asked quietly, as if he were slowly drifting back to sleep.

  "I want to make you-us dinner," I explained, putting my hand on his shoulder unnecessarily.

  He gave a small smile. "That would be lovely, Ed. I should be back by seven."

  (Oswald's pov)

  I got out of the car and smiled at the glowing windows. Edward making dinner after a long day at work was so...domestic. All I could think of doing was running in, hanging my coat up, and yelling "Honey I'm Home!" But I only said this in my mind when I walked inside. Ed walked out of the dinning room door holding a dish towel, drying his hands. He was wearing the suit I bought him, tie and all. How did he learn how to do that? Never mind, he looks very...nice. Is it warm in here?

  "I heard you come in." he stated. I smiled.

  "What did you make?" I asked.

  "You can eat me fully grown or unborn. I am a bird but can not fly. I usually wake early in the morning to tell you hi! What am I?" he asked. I raised an eyebrow.

  "Chicken?" I guessed. He nodded and took a step back. He motioned for me to go through the door. I pushed the door open. The table was set beautifully. I walked to the head of the table and sitting there was a small, folded placement card. OSWALD, was written on it in Edward's tall, neat hand. A small bowl sat by my plate. I dipped my finger into the substance it was filled with and tasted it. Spicy mustard. I smirked, he remembered.

  We sat down and there was an awkward silence before I picked up my fork and took a bite; it was delicious.

  "Ed, this is amazing!" I exclaimed. He smiled broadly and I could almost see a blush creep onto his cheeks.

  "T-Thank you," he said meekly as he picked up his own fork.

  "No, thank you." I said.

  "I just wanted to do something for you, to show you how much I appreciate you," he muttered. I looked up from my plate and now I could definitely see a blush on his pale cheeks and his ears were on fire.

  "Thank you, again, Ed. This is really a lovely meal." I mumbled. We finished the meal in silence

  "Oswald," Edward said suddenly. I looked up at him.

  "Yes, Ed?" I asked, and when I looked him in the eye, the look he gave me made my heart stop.

"I-I need to tell you something," he stuttered.

Oh my gosh

  "Anything, Edward, what is it?"

"I-I-I," he continued to stumble

  "Yes?" I urged, almost giddly.

  "I- left the oven on," he said quickly. My heart dropped. He couldn't do it.

  "Oh," I said, failing to keep the disappointment from my voice. He got up quickly and slipped into the kitchen.

  I pursed my lips. Fine. He couldn't do it, then fine, I'll do it myself. I got up and followed him. I saw him uttering to himself and pretending to be busy,

  "Ed," I said loud enough to get his attention. He jumped slightly.

  "Yes?" he asked, turning to me quickly. I took a deep breath

  "Ed, there comes a time in every man's life when he must choose between cowardice and courage. That time has come for me and I have chosen courage. Edward...I love you. There I said it, I love you." There was a piercing silence and I almost started panicking. However, after a moment or two Edward let out a sigh and smiled.

  "I love you too, Oswald," he said then he let out a small exasperated laugh, "I love you too," he repeated. "Man, that feels good to say. I-I wanted to tell you in the dining room, just then, but I was so scared. I saw you sitting there with your eyes and you eyelashes and your smile and I just couldn't bring myself to do I-" I grabbed him by his tie and pulled him closer, closing the gap between our lips. It was the best feeling in the entire world. It was like fireworks going off in my head. We pulled apart to breath and now I could feel a blush creeping up my ears as I looked at Ed.  "I love you" Was all I could say but the look in Ed's eyes told me that that was all he ever wanted to hear.