Chapter 24: All Eyes

"Everything you say
Is just a lie"

Officer Simmons P.O.V*

"Do you know why you are here today?" I ask her as I sit down across from where she's sitting.

"I was told that you guys needed help building a case against Aimee." Lisa Caven shrugs.

"Yes, your daughter." I clarify. She just continues looking at me like she's bored.

"You do realize that your daugher will be imprisoned for years."

"Yes."

"Wow. You really would let her take the fall for the crimes you committed? You surely won't win any mother of the year awards soon." I decide to drop the act.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." She starts to look nervous and fidgets with her Michael Kors purse. Good.

"Mark told us everything. You hired him and Robert to kidnap Audrey. Even to hit Emma's car so Aimee would be the perfect suspect, huh? You knew she was mad at both of them. You set Aimee up from the start. That revenge list she wrote made it even easier."

"Are you crazy? Where's your proof? Why would I do all this? It seems that Mark guy is playing you." She looks me in the eyes as she tells me this.

"Well, first we have this." I throw a folder on the steel table. It was what she had given Robert and Mark. Detailed plans and if they got caught to blame Aimee Caven.

"Oh and we looked into why you would have done this. Seems like you were broke. Wait, you currently are. You did this for the money, right? Plus a couple of days before the accident your husband Ray filed for divorce from you. You knew he wouldn't have given you a cent. He had already lost alot of money due to debts. You personally knew that Nathan Kingston was a millionaire. So you decided to get his girfriend kidnapped and make money off the ransom. Too bad it didn't work out, you would have had a good amount of money." I whistle.

She starts laughing. "You know I wasn't even the one who came up with the idea. It was my lover who thought of it." Looks like she's ready to confess.

"Someone else was a part of this?" Man, this never ends.

"He came up with the plan and I followed through with it. He was more of the behind the scenes mastermind. He created that folder along with the step by step plans. Even the hitmen didn't know about him. Then when the shit hit the fan he broke up with me. After my husband had left me when he found out I was cheating!" She continues laughing like she's insane. Maybe she is. "He was willing to sacrifice his daughter for money."

"Aimee?"

"No. Audrey. The man who I had an affair with is John Hudson. Audrey's father." She says it as if I should already know that.

"He came up with getting his daughter kidnapped?"

"Yeah. He's a heartless man, you see. He hasn't seen her in years but when he found out she was dating a rich guy, well to say he was excited is an understatement. He used it to his advantage."

"Where is he?"

"I don't know. He left me. I was with him three years and as soon I didn't have any money, he left without a word.That's what he's good at. Leaving. He left Audrey's mom, then the woman he cheated on her with, and now me. I have nothing now."