chapter 6

Hey guys!! Here's my update for the week <3

emilie's pov- (as she's driving home, after ethan's)

tears streamed down my face as i stumble into my car. i fumble around for my keys. my hands shaking, i start the car. 'i can't believe them. how did i not see this? is it really what it seems? are they really murders? if not, why were those bodies' in their closet?' more tears pour out of my pounding head and my vision is behind blurry. "forget.. forget him." my gas petal slowly floors. "i'm done... finally don-" CRASH everything goes black.

~

my eyes flutter open "ughhhhhh..."

"Oh my god! thank god you're okay!!!!!!! we we're so worried, honey."

"oh um hey mom.. dad umm. what exactly happened? i-uh don't remember." i try to sit up, but wave of pain shoots through my spine. 'shit'

"oh! don't try to sit up, you bruised your back pretty bad." my dad says as he rushes to my aid.

"you-uh.. you got into a car crash." my brother looks down, scratching the back of his neck.

"oh.... um, can i talk to dylan for a few?" i look up at my mom with pleading eyes.

she returns with a small smile, "sure, sweetie. feel better," my mom says as she gives my tight hug that btw hurt a ton and my dad kissed my forehead.

"so, whatcha hiding from meeeee????" i ask with the cheesiest smile ever like i just 1st prize in a stupid contest.

"ummm.. y-you know ethan? dolan?" we lock eye contact.

"w-who?" i barely whisper as i let one tear slip out of my eye. instantly, the memories flood back to me. "n-no." apair strong arms wrap around me. 'he knows, probably everything. probably more than i do. ethan. i miss him. i love him.'

"You What?!" he backs away, stumbling. 'oh no, i probably said that out loud. shit!'

"i-i.. i don't k-know, dylan." i look down trying not to break into tears, again. "i'm sorry." it comes out as a whisper. a sudden feeling of confidence hits me as i look up at him, "what. did. he. do?" i small smirk takes over my face. i feel powerful and intrigued.

"grayson, his twin brother killed his family and ethan covered it up. you still love him??!!! HUH??!!" 'well that was little harsh.'

"WHAT DO YOU THINK, DUMB-ASS?" i sit up, i don't give a fuck about the pain anymore. "GET OUT! I'M DONE WITH YOUR SHIT. U DON'T UNDERSTAND, DO YOU?" he slowly nods his head. "NO YOU DON'T. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN'T CHOOSE WHO YOU LOVE OR LOVE REALLY AT ALL. LOVE IS SOMETHING THAT YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND. YOU WANNA KNOW WHY? BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A HEART OR FEELINGS. AND YOU WONDER WHY ALL YOUR GIRLFRIENDS' LEFT YOU. TAKE A FUCKING HINT, DYLAN. GET THE FACT THAT YOU'RE A FUCK UP THROUGH YOUR THICK SCULL. GOD! I BET YOU STILL THINK YOU'RE RIGHT AND I'M JUST MAKING UP CRAP. WOW, THAT SAYS SOMETHING. THINK ABOUT IT, AND DON'T TALK TO ME UNTIL YOU FIGURE OUT THAT YOUR NOT A PERFECT ANGLE AND ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT."

"wow, emilie that hurt. i wasn't going to say this, but looks like you need to hear it." he chuckles, "your ugh, boyfriend ethan already has a girlfriend."

"w-what?" another tear slips down my cheek. and another one, and another one, nonstop.

//i decided to post this bc it was the draft i never posted. i don't think i'll be returning but idk