Chapter 1: Familiar Faces

A/N: First of all, I am so sorry this is super late. I've been busy with school and haven't gotten around to writing yet. Secondly, being only 15, I know absolutely nothing about college, so it is highly likely I will get some details about college wrong. Please don't comment badly about it. Anyways, enjoy the story!

Rey pulled away from the hug and smiled. 

"Bye, Grandpa! I'll miss you!" Rey said, tears swelling in her eyes. This was the first time she had ever been away from her grandfather for more than a day. Well, at least while conscious, Rey thought remembering when she had gotten hit by a car 2 years ago and had been unconscious for two days. Although, now that she thought back, Grandpa Kenobi was likely there.

"Behave yourselves. Call me when you get the chance!" her grandfather replied, stepping into his pickup truck. As he drove off, Rey turned to one of her best friends, Poe, who luckily was going to the same college.

"Wanna go to Starbucks?" Rey asked.

"No." Poe replied, smirking.

"Why not?" Rey said, as she could feel her stomach growling, begging for food.

"Because I'm not a basic bitch," Poe said as they both laughed. "I'm just kidding, let's go."

-----

The two friends walked just a few blocks to the conveniently located Starbucks that she knew they would eventually frequent. They both ordered pumpkin spice lattes and agreed that they really were basic bitches while laughing. 

Rey looked up while sitting with Poe who was currently texting his boyfriend of 2 years. She saw a familiar figure at the counter but she looked away quick because she didn't want to be caught staring. She could've sworn she recognized him, but there was no way. She knew no one here. Her mind wandered to people from high school when she thought about her friend Ben Solo. She hadn't seen him since graduation, months ago. They had broken up halfway through senior year of high school since they were going to different colleges and didn't feel ready for a long distance relationship, but they still saw each other every day until graduation. Either way, she was over him and ready to meet new people. 

-----

It was getting dark and Rey was walking to her dorm room. Poe had already gone to his for the night and she was approaching the Tatooine Building. A tall dark figure that had been sitting on a bench with some girl who looked passed out drunk began to approach her. Rey's fighting instincts were ready to kick in when she recognized him. 

It was Ben Solo.

"Hey, Rey," Ben said, with a slight smile.

A/N: Sorry this was probably really bad! I hope you enjoyed! Also, Ben, stop sitting with that passed out drunk girl.