Forced Ignorance is a Limited Bliss (Chapter Seventeen)

Papyrus rushed through the halls, gold, shining gold. He wasn't sure where he was going, but he needed to be there, now.

His feet slammed on the ground, and skidded around the corner, before everything in him tensed. Greeting a truly horrible sight.

No... no. No.

Papyrus's eyes blurred with a mixture of tears and terror.

Light poured through tall windows, giving everything a fuzzy shine. The air was filled with tiny particles, the ground littered with rubble and bone.

And amongst the wreckage... there was blue.

"S-Sans...?" Papyrus scrubbed at his sockets, every movement felt heavy.
He barely took a single step forward, before his quaking knees caved, sending him clattering to the floor.

It was wet.

Papyrus looked down at his hands and knees.
Red... lots of red.

He looked up again.

The red was smeared on the bones, on pillars, across the floor...

And it pooled, right around under human's body.

Papyrus let out a sharp gasp, his hands tightening on the ground.

The human body was so barely recognizable, bruised and battered and impaled on at least twenty bones.

Everything around smelled nauseatingly bitter, and tangy.
Like death.

"S-Sans... you-"
Papyrus felt sick.

He threw a hand over his mouth to muffle a sob, only succeeding in smearing it with chunky, clotting blood; which only made him sicker.

Papyrus looked back up at his big brother, hot tears streaming down his face, eyes begging for an answer, something that would excuse this...

But those hollow, dark eyes that met his... held nothing.

The attacks, the large and powerful skulls still hovered in the air next to his brother. His lazy, joking, lovable brother.

His brother, a murderer.

"THIS ISN'T LIKE YOU!!" Papyrus screamed, falling into pitiful sobs.

He so deeply wanted his brother to tell him what was going on. There had to be some explanation! His brother wouldn't do this...

"This... this isn't..." Papyrus hiccuped, clinging desperately to what was left of his hope.

Sans' smile grew tight. Unmoving.

"Papyrus..." Sans spoke, but it didn't sound like him.

It was deep, but not calm. Sharp, but not as if to make a point. It sounded dark, like the words themselves threatened to swallow him whole. A torrential storm of his own making.

Sans' left eye flared. The blue fire Papyrus had only seen a few times, now directing itself sharply at him.

"You don't know anything about me."

One of those terrifying skulls opened it's gaping maw, and a beam of light shot out; white hot pain flaring all over his body, tearing him to pieces.