f i v e

|Five|

|Five|

I rested my head on the table, my mind needing a minute to come back down from the corrupt thought I just had. Silence joined the two of us at the table like a non-speaking third party member.

I couldn't figure out or nor could I understand Lucifer's reasonings. Did it not scare him to be all alone? Did the Fates do something to him?

My mind felt hot and heavy in my head. It sloshed against the sides of my skull like an upset tidal wave. The masses of thoughts overcrowding the space like a couple thousand opened tabs.

I wanted to go to sleep. I needed sleep to swim over me and take me into a deep, unconscious bubble. Only I couldn't fall asleep. Not yet. Not down here. I didn't trust my surroundings down here.

I was so involved in my inner thoughts that I failed to notice a small boy of around the young age of six pop up out from nowhere beside to me to angrily slam a silver coated pitcher onto the table. The obnoxious sound effect jolting me awake.

"Oh, Jesus!"  I let out a high-pitched squeal; my heart leaping into a mile sprint as I jump out of my chair.

The boy looked at me; his utterly blank iris squinting at my climactic reaction. They were white, not a single speck of colour or any sign of a pupil appeared in the creamy almond of his eyes. He was small in size too. I mean naturally, he looked about six. And his messy brown hair drifted about the sides of his scalp in complicated knots.

"That's not Jesus darling," Lucifer sneakily commented, "that's Agramon, demon of fear." Lucifer introduced waving his hand over the table.

"Oh," I  nodded, taking in the new segment of terrifying information.

Couldn't the Fates slow down with the demons? Lucifer was enough as it was. I don't need to acquaint myself with any second party.  My heart rate was still beating irregularly against the cage of my ribs, the fragile muscle almost tearing itself apart as it thumped and hammered against the bone. My throat was closing too, the lack of oxygen entering my straining lungs caused my head to start hurting and my vision to blur.

Don't faint, Charmeine. Whatever you do, do not faint.

I blinked harshly, trying to force energy into my shutting down self and keep myself from falling faint in the hands of two demons. The chair in front of me found its secondary use as a steady grip to stop me from falling to the ground.

"He is," I swallowed, hitting my chest in a pathetic attempt to calm myself down," certainly good at his profession."