One

Jimin was starting to think that he made the wrong decision.

It's not everyday that a regular music major like him decides to call upon Satan - the devil of all devils - and ask him about the misfortunes yet to come in his life. Well, he wasn't exactly regular. Although he loved music, and was said to have a voice blessed by the Gods, he still had this passion that couldn't be satisfied by any kind of music. He tried everything; dating, clubs and even alcohol... but he still did not get the true happiness he wanted to feel.

After all, ever since the death of his significant other, he no longer knew what the meaning of happiness was.

Jimin had found a ritual in a website called creepypasta, where people were free to share their "true" experiences with the supernatural and what not. He was positive that most of the articles were just a result of their wild imaginations, so the prpbability of the ritual being a fake was high. Then he figured, it wouldn't hurt to try right?

What would Jimin do if the ritual turns out to be real and if the devil really does show himself to him? He didn't put much thought into that, even though he should have.

Oh, how he should have.

By the next day, Jimin had all the things he needed for the ritual. He used up all his allowance just for the red candles and had to scrape his savings for the string. The main problem was the salt. He didn't cook (he just bought ready-to-eat packs from the convenience store across the street), so he didn't have any in his apartment, and he was completely broke. He was left with one risky choice.

"Tell me again Jimin, why do you need a whole bag of salt?," Jin looked over his shoulder as he flipped the pancake in the frying pan. "I mean, you don't even cook."

Jin was far more than Jimin's neighbour. He was a music major as well and both chose voice as their expertise. The older was also like a hip to the younger, since they had known each other since diaper years.

Well, not as much as him.

"An experiment," Jimin replied dryly, since he hated lying to Jin. Heck, he hated lying to everyone but he had no other choice at the moment. How was he going to tell Jin that he was planning to summon the devil himself?

Well, Jin, I need the salt to summon Satan and ask him about how wonderful my future is. Would you like to join me?

Jimin knew that the only result would be a slap in the face from Jin plus a lecture so long that he was sure that it would end when he was a hundred years old.

Also, he didn't want to get Jin involved in any of his shenanigans. He was way too important to him for that. Way too important.

"Jimin, you're a third year music major," Jin slid the pancake on a plate as if it were liquid and walked over to the rice cooker. Steam rose from it as he raised the steel cover. "You don't even have a science subject. What kind of experiment are you planning to do?"

"Just something I found on the net," Jimin released his breath. He was no longer as tense, at least what he said was partly true.

"You're not planning to summon something are you?," Jin said it as a joke but the remark still made Jimin freeze. He was definitely his best friend. He knew that Jimin was stupid enough to try something as dangerous as that.

"Of... course not," Knowing that it would give him away, Jimin tried his best not to stutter. "It's... a ritual to bring me good luck... yeah."

Jin gave Jimin a sympathetic look and the younger knew that he had unintentionally hinted how he was still depressed over the death of his boyfriend -- no, ex-boyfriend -- Yoongi.

If Jin was Jimin's hip, Yoongi was his lung. He was the very reason he breathed and lived. He loved him, even more than he loved his parents (who threw him out as if he were a sewer rat). He used to be suicidal, thinking that he was worthless and had no purpose, but then Yoongi came like lightning and opened his eyes. They had met during a merged music class, since the older was a rapper-in-training. After a few tumbles here and there, they got together. He finally had something to look forward to, his future life with Yoongi.

Then, it happened. The incident that took away his future, that took away his Yoongi.

Jimin didn't evan want to think about it. It hurt him too much, both mentall and emotionally.

At that moment when Jin stared at him for comfort, Jimin realized that maybe talking to the devil wasn't that bad of an idea after all. For pete's sake, he was Satan! He could surely do something that God couldn't, bring the dead back to life.

Bring the dead back to life.

Jimin's thinking was simple. If God took Yoongi away, Satan can bring him back.

Oh, how twisted and wrong Jimin's thinking was.

"I'm fine, Jin," Jimin said before the older boy could say anything, a new found determination filling his voice. "Really."

"Park Jimin."

"I'm fine, Kim Seokjin."

"...Alright then," Jin effortlessly took a bag of salt from the top shelf and tossed it to Jimin. "Just... don't hurt yourself, okay?"

Jimin knew what Jin meant and hugged the plastic bag close to his chest. There was a reason why he wore long-sleeves all the time. "I won't, I promise."

-

A/N - aight so I dropped this like a Bangtan Bomb lol this was a (nearly completed) draft that was rotting in my aff account so I decided to put this here lol I'm not sure if this will be a three-shot or a four-shot... actually it's possible that it might reach ten chapters... we'll see...