Four

The Devil will make sure that you will leave with a permanent injury; whether physically or emotionally.

When Jimin came back to his senses, he was sweating bullets. Yoongi was still in the mirror and the human realized that he had been staring into the eyes of the Devil this whole time.

Jimin's throat felt dry. "What-- What did you just--"

"I gave you a head start of what would happen if you played with my temper," Yoongi smirked mischievously, the fear in Jimin's eyes amusing him. "If you ever mention my past relationship again, I'll make sure that you die an even more horrible death."

Jimin started having thoughts of quitting, then he realized that all of his efforts would have been put to waste. The recent events nearly scarred him emotionally, and he couldn't just leave as if nothing had happened. The Devil was right in front of him, and he knew that he wouldn't have any other chance to ask him to bring Yoongi back.

"C-Can you bring the dead back to life?," Jimin managed to stutter out.

Yoongi stared at Jimin with a dazed expression. "What did you say?"

"I said," Jimin found determination within him and he was definitely going to do everything to bring back Yoongi. "Can you bring back the dead?"

"...Interesting," Yoongi smirked and stroked his chin. "Usually, the request would be for me to get rid of someone. This is a first."

"Can you do it?," Jimin's patience got the best of him, and he wanted to pull the words back into his mouth.

"Now, now, Chim Chim, watch your words," Yoongi shook his head and index finger, as if he was talking to a toddler. "I'm Satan, of course I can, but... there will be consequences."

"I'll do anything," Jimin pleaded. He was willing to do anything to give Yoongi another chance to live, even if he had to give up his own life. He loved him, even more than he loved himself.

You idiot -- Yoongi would always tell him -- You have to learn to love yourself.

But he couldn't.

"Put your hand on the glass," Yoongi suddenly instructed and Jimin obeyed instantly, not wanting to have another scar added to his mentality.

Yoongi placed his hand on the glass as well, and it looked like his palm was pressed onto Jimin's. For a little while, the human felt warmth radiate through the thin glass, until a jolt of electricity shot through his arm.

Jimin shrieked and jumped back, staring at his now smoking palm. There was a symbol branded into his skin. It was a circle with six edges that had a star on each tip. It was glowing blood red and would fade in and out from time to time.

Realizing that it was the symbol of the Devil, Jimin started to panic. "What the hell is this?!"

"Relax, Chim Chim, I just marked you," Yoongi raised his palm, which had the mirrored version of the logo. "Think of it as our contract, it means that you have to do whatever I ask you to do. If not, well, this mark will kill both of us."

"What?," Jimin narrowed his eyes. He had a hunch that Yoongi was lying to persuade him. "Both of us?"

The Devil was clever and will make sure that he gets what he wants.

"Both of us," Yoongi repeated and crossed his arms. "You're the kind of guy who would give up your own life for whoever you want to bring back, so, I added myself in the deal. Think about it, what would hell be without me? Without a ruler, there will be chaos. All my friends would be released and nobody could stop them. They could roam the Earth, haunt children's dreams and, well, massacre the human race. We demons are bloodthirsty creatures, and we wouldn't hesitate to kill anything with a hearbeat. Now, do you want that to happen, Park Jimin, just because you refused to kill one person?"

Jimin was disturbed by how calm Yoongi was, despite the fact that he was betting on his own life. Right now, nothing was safe, not even his thoughts. He knew that he couldn't say no, he had the future of the world on his shoulders.

"Tell me what I need to do," Jimin tried to sound brave, even though he was scared of what was yet to come. He had the urge to run away, but he knew that if he did, Yoongi would kill him on the spot.

"...If you say so," Yoongi grinned menacingly and cupped his chin with his hand. He stared into Jimin's eyes, searching for the human's biggest fear. "Your best friend, Kim Seokjin, was it?"

Jimin nodded hesitantly. He didn't know why Yoongi would mention Jin in the first place, but he had a feeling that it wasn't a good sign... No, he knew that it wasn't a good sign.

"Bring me his heart."

For a moment, Jimin thought he heard it wrongly and pinched his arms. Yoongi watched him with a smirk as he absorbed what he heard. After composing himself and slapping his cheeks, he managed to whisper out a "No..."

"Your memories with him are really lovely, Chim Chim," Yoongi said with disgust, his eyes flashing red. "All the more reason for him to die. It would be fun to take that pure soul and torture it in the deepest layer of hell. I want it. But, alas, I can't get it alone, can I?"

"No!," Jimin cried, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He lunged towards the mirror and angrily banged on the glass, even though he knew that he couldn't even touch Yoongi. "Anything but that. Take me. Kill me. Drag me to hell and torture my soul, do whatever you want! Just, please, don't get Jin involved in this, I beg you."

"Chim Chim, didn't you say that you would do anything to bring back this person?," Yoongi was unfazed by the whole situation. He saw the hopelessness in Jimin's face and smirked. "I'll make sure that nobody finds out about our conversation. Before midnight tomorrow, bring me Kim Seokjin's heart. If you don't... well, both of us know what will happen."

Jimin still pleaded, even though he knew it was useless. "No, please!"

"I believe in you, Chim Chim," Yoongi said slowly before he snapped his fingers and Jimin was swallowed by the darkness.

-

A/N - Oh, Jin... what would your fate be? One person vs the world... the practical choice is obvious, isn't it?