Chapter 8

"The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman's love with no intention of Loving her"

                      - Bob Marley

                         Dani's Pov:

I grabbed Lip by his hand and just ran far away as I could. He was suppose to be in Prison, how did he get out, why is he here. My Dad was put into Prison about 3 Years ago for domestic violence against my Mother. He was a major Alcoholic, he was angry when he was drunk. He never hurt me but he still scared the Piss outta me. "What was that back there? Are you alright"? Lip pulled me into a hug as he saw the tears form in my eyes. "Hey nothing's going to happen I promise, I'll protect you and so will the rest of the family". I hugged Lip tighter. I didn't want to let go, I felt like I was shielded off from everyone and everything in this position. Eventually we had to pull apart. "Let's get Ian and head to Karen's". Lip wrapped his arm around my waist but something was different about it this time. He had a more tighter grip then before like his was scared I was going to leave. We got Ian and went to the Jackson's household. Lip Knocked onto the door and Mrs. Jackson popped out her head. "Oh Karen is thrilled with you. She got an 'A' on her physics midterm! Karen! Honey, your little helper is here". Man was this woman some type of nuts. "This is my brother Ian". Lip said motioning towards Ian. "I'm out of plastic bags. Why don't you leave your shoes out here so they can breath". We all nodded removing our shoes and placing them near the door. We all sat down at the kitchen table as Ian carried on about Science. Karen was of course giving the poor boy a hummer. Lip had me sat on his lap as we silently laughed at Ian. "You kids want some homemade  lime chicken Chimichangas"? Lip perked up at Sheila. "Um no thanks Sheila I there we're fine". Lip answered politely. "All right I'm late, Karen honey I'll see you in morning I guess". Oh Shit that's Karen's Dad. Ian's eyes grew huge as an apple hit the floor. Karen's Dad reached down for the apple. "What is she hiding for? What are you hiding for? Oh sweet Jesus". Karen's Dad finally caught on to the sinful actions happening under his kitchen table. Boy was he pissed. The table was thrown upside down as Lip and I began to run. Ian grabbed his shoes and ran out the front door making Daddy Jackson come and chase Lip upstairs. I followed behind Karen's Dad and caught up to him. Lip jumped out of the window and ran out behind Ian. "I'm going to kill you two Gallaghers"! D.J (Daddy Jackson) yelled at them two. I tapped on his shoulder and he turned around with his hand raised up high. "You touch me or especially Lip or Ian I'll hunt you down and shove a bullet so far down your mouth it'll come out of your ass". I snarled as I began to make my way down stairs. "Oh and you Stay the fuck away from Lip". I yanked Karen by her hair and he nodded in compliance. I stomped out of the house as I heard D.J and Karen start screaming at me.  "God are you amazing Dans". Lip and Ian both came running my way pulling me in a hug as we all laughed. As we began our journey back home I noticed Lip limping. "You fucktard you hurt your ankle jumping out of that window didn't you". I wrapped my arm around Lip as Ian got his other side as we helped him move. I opened the door to the Gallagher's house and escorted Lip into the room in Ian's bed. "FIONA GET V". I yelled and I heard a slam of the door meaning V heard me yell. "V up here we need your nurse skills". V got right to work on Lip's ankle as I laid his head on my lap and ran my fingers through his hair. "You okay Lip? Sweetheart"? V said as she examined his foot. I heard Lip grumble under me. "Yeah just don't touch it". Lip said with seriousness in his voice. "Go to my house, top of the freezer, two ice pack, second cupboard above the sink, liquid ibuprofen, freeze spray, ACE bandages" . V ordered Ian as he rushed out of the house. "Shouldn't he get an X- Ray"? I asked and V just shook her head. "Hell no, if you want to wait in there for a few hours and for what? Tell us what we already know". I laughed lightly. V patched up Lip when Ian came back and left us two alone. I continued to play with Lip's hair. I could feel Lip's eyes on me but I didn't dare look at him because I knew I'd melt.