Invitation

-Lee Kwang Soo-

I knocked on my parent's room door with uneasiness.

"Come in." My Mum responded wearily.

I plonked my butt down onto the chair which was beside my parent's bed.

"Kwang Soo ah is Ji Hyo really in the same class as you?

"Yea she is. What's wrong mum?"

"Kwang Soo ah have you forgotten what your mum told you previously?" My dad spoked.

"Ji Hyo is Jae Suk's sister."

Upon hearing that, I slammed my hand onto my forehead repeatedly.

"Ahh pabo yah how can I forget about that. No wonder I found her name so familiar."

"But Jae Suk looks so different from Ji Hyo... They are totally opposites."

"They are born in the same year with an age gap of 10 months, and Kwang Soo can you promise us not to tell Jae Suk about Ji Hyo?"

"Okay okay I promise."

I then left my parent's room and went back to my bedroom.

I opened my room door and saw Jae Suk lying on the bed while reading a book.

He looked up and adjusted his spectacles.

"Ohh Kwang Soo ah what happened? Why does mum and dad seem to look so worried?"

"I guess they are just worried that we might accidently expose our powers in school as there's alot of us who are extraordinaries."

I picked up my phone and began scrolling through my social media.

Soon, I fell asleep on the bed while holding onto my phone.

-Yoo Jae Suk-

I was too absorbed in the book which I was reading that I didn't realise that it was almost 12am.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and gazed at Kwang Soo who was sleeping.

I got up from my bed and placed his blanket over him.

-Next day-

"Yahh Christmas is around the corner what are you all going to do to celebrate Christmas?" HaHa asked and hummed a Christmas song.

"Nothing much my family don't really celebrate Christmas." Gary said while sighing and slumped into his chair.

"We have a Christmas party on Christmas day! There will be lots of fun games and Christmas potluck! Do you all want to come to my house?" Ji Hyo exclaimed excitedly.

"Jinja?! Will there be roasted chicken?" Kwang Soo asked while salivating at the thought of chicken.

"Yah close your mouth. It's disgusting." I slapped his back.

"There will be Christmas log cakes too!" Ji Hyo smiled widely.

"Woah that's my favourite food during Christmas!" HaHa danced about while thinking of the mouth-watering cake.

We then discussed about what food each of us should bring and the games that we could play on that day.

Kwang Soo and I had agreed on baking gingerbread cookies.

Jong Kook would bring cold ham.

Suk Jin would bring salad and custard.

HaHa would bring Christmas pudding.

Gary would bring White Christmas food.

-The day before Christmas-

-Lee Kwang Soo-

My mum pulled me into her room.

"Kwang Soo ah remember to keep your promise that you won't tell Jae Suk that Ji Hyo is his sister."

"Araso mum I'm not unreliable and I can keep secrets well. Trust me mum, I will not say anything about the two of them."

"Okay have fun tomorrow! Do the both of you need help in making the gingerbread cookies?"

"It's okay we can manage it well by ourselves. By the way, will Ji Hyo's parents know that Jae Suk is their son?"

"They have known that Jae Suk is in the same class and is friends with Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo has told her parents about Jae Suk. They have called me and confirmed that the boy which Ji hyo told them about is Jae Suk."

"But they won't reveal to Jae Suk that they are his birth parents to keep him save with you father. Mum added.

"Kwang Soo ah what are you doing? Aren't you coming down to help with the baking of the gingerbread cookies?" Jae Suk shouted from the kitchen.

"I'm coming down soon!"

I then went down to the kitchen heavy- heartedly.

So Jae Suk will finally get to meet his birth parents tomorrow, but he doesn't even know they are his birth parents... I thought while walking down the stairs.

Sighh secrets are hard to keep and it's a heavy burden.

"You are finally here. I'm done with making 3/4 of the gingerbread cookies. I'm going to put those cookies which I have made into the oven while you continue making the rest of the cookies." Jae Suk said.

"How does it taste?" He asked while feeding me a cookie.

"It's delicious!"

I had never known that Jae suk is good at baking.

Cracckk!

"Yaahh don't you know how to crack an egg? Why on earth did you even crack the egg onto the table." Jae Suk shouted.

"Oops sorry I will clear the eggs don't worry."

I then began to crack another egg and this time properly into the bowl.

I then poured some flour into the bowl of egg.

"Yaaahhhh how can you put the egg before the flour have you forgotten how to bake cookies?" Jae Suk fumed with rage.

"Sorry sorry... Why do you get angry easily these days?"

"Sorry Kwang Soo ah I'm just stressed over the exams which are coming two months later."

"Aish why are you so studious even now? It's Christmas tomorrow you should relax and enjoy the Christmas season."

After 1 hours 30 minutes, we were finally done with baking gingerbread cookies.

I clapped my hands gleefully, felling proud of the gingerbread cookies we had baked.