The Testala Deirid

"I hope you all understand what's going on today." Principal MayWeather's voice was heard all over the school as students walked in. It's today. She continued to speak through the "Recorders" which were tiny little pixies that floated around the school whenever there was an announcement. 

I was apart of the Junior class of Aslight Academy, meaning we would have to take a test when all of our studies were completed to get our own wings! The wings you get are  based on your personality and your parent's wings. My mother is a Moon fairy, her wings were a deep, shiny gray in a crescent shape to look like a real moon. My father is a Sun fairy, his wings are a bright yellow that, when looked directly at, can blind you. Their colors are pretty simple, mom: gray, dad: yellow. I was born with blue eyes and white hair like my mom's, but her hair was more silver. 

Because of me looking more like my mom, I'll most likely be a moon fairy. But I act more like my dad so... hmm. I wonder. I'm just way too excited to think about it!

I arrived at the academy, fixing the bow on my uniform. Uniforms are required so when you get your new wings, the magic they grant you gives you a new outfit as well. The girls normally wear mid-to-knee long black skirts, a white long sleeved top with a bowed collar, white knee-high socks, and black shoes. We've all been convinced that if we have boring colors, our new outfits will really stand out. The boys wear black pants, a white buttoned shirt, with a black tie and brown or black socks and shoes; some wear with a jacket. 

There are a lot of different colors for wings, each color having a specific power. Red is usually fire, blue is water, green is nature, but white wings are forbidden. They're only forbidden because it means the fairy doesn't have any powers, and if they don't have powers, they won't be able to serve with a purpose. If they don't have a purpose they're usually used for work that other fairies don't want to do. 

"Juniors, please make your way to the Hall of Mór."

The Hall was a large space in the middle of the tree, where anybody can watch the magic happen. But, just in case someone gets white wings, no one is allowed to watch. I made my way through the twisting hallways, the school was just one giant tree we call An Crann Mór.

"Onyxia!" I turn around to see Kana running for me.

"Hey Kan- OOF!" Before I could greet her, she ran straight into me causing me to loose my balance and fall over. But before I touched the floor, I felt a pair of arms looped around mine. I looked up to see Brent holding me as he helped me up.

"Oh, hey Brent, thanks for the save." 

"No problem. It was my pleasure." Oh brother. I turned to Kana and glared at her for knocking me over. 

"What? I was just excited." I rolled my eyes and turned back to Brent, swiping my bangs out of my face. 

"Let's just go before I knock you guys over." I grabbed Kana's wrist and Brent followed. 

We stood in the middle of the floor, a bit to the front because we were early. Once more students filed in, the doors were closed and the last bell rang. Principal MayWeather walked onto the stage, where a Sprite was floating to amplify her voice. 

"Hello students. I'm sure you all know what's taking place today. And if you do not know, today you will be taking The Testala Deirid! This test will show us that your studies here make you capable for flight, and powers. You all should know that if you do not pass, you will have to retake your studies. So do well, no cheating, and may you be blessed with wings!" 

Her wings sparked blue lightning from her back, the student body gasping in surprise once the lightning spread to her fingertips. Principal MayWeather was one of the best in her class when she attended Aslight Academy. Her fierce knowledge of fairies granted her the wings of a Storm Fairy. 

I think having your wings being a surprise is a lot better than knowing what you'll be, mostly because the possibilities are endless! There's over 100 fairy types to be blessed with. The rarest would be the Psychic and Royal fairies. Psychic fairies have almost translucent wings that shine a bright pink and sparkle gold glitter. They can see into the future, past and even have powers of telepathy. Royal fairies are granted with gold wings, but they only come from royal families, so it doesn't matter what your personality is like. 

Personally, I think being a Moon fairy like my mom would be amazing. You get to stay awake for as long as you want, you get to know the Moon's powers and forms, you can also fly as high into the sky as you want, you can grant people with sleep, and gravity means nothing.  I'd love to stay up and look up at the midnight sky every night while everyone else is asleep. It's peaceful.

***

Principal MayWeather and a couple other teachers directed us into another huge room with an elevated ceiling that went up so many stories I could barely see the top floor! We all moved up the stairs like a train, each student getting their own little spot to take the test. I was put between Kana and Brent on the third floor. 

"You guys nervous?" I asked.

"No way! I got this." Kana's always bee the cocky type.

"Kinda, but I think it'll all be good." Brent seemed pretty nervous, even if he doesn't show it, you can hear it in his voice. 

The sprites of the school passed a scroll to each student, floating in front of our faces. I tried to see if it was long, but the rough paper was sealed with precision. 

"Now student, pick up your quills and start your testing. And if I catch any one of you cheating, you will be sentenced to Wingless." Principal MayWeather despised cheaters, especially now when we are about to take the most important test of our lives. 

I turned around along with the other 1,000+ junior class students, picked up my quill, and hoped for the best.

A/N: Yay new story!!! Hope you like the story of Onyxia! :)) New chapter should be out by Wednesday or Thursday. -Debella9626