Planes

Cole's POV:

We left the house at around noon for the air port. There were still hungover people lounging about the house, so I made sure Jordan knew it was up to her to eventually get them all out and to watch Cookie while we were gone.

We had gotten to our terminal when Delia decided to go to the bathroom one last time before getting on the plane. She leaned down, quickly pressing her lips to mine as another kid tried to sneakily take a picture of us over his shoulder. I smirked slightly as I started to pull my phone out to take a picture of him when I felt Dylan's hand push my phone back down gently. His voice was low.

"This trip isn't going to be like last night or this morning, is it? Because that really didn't help me get over who I needed to get over, and I'm debating whether or not I need to even get on the plane with you two. You're going to be doing things for your career and it'll just be me and Delia by ourselves and I don't know if I can't not touch her." I felt my jaw tighten as I looked at him with a firm expression.

"What happened last night isn't going to happen again and I shouldn't have let it happen in the first place. Jordan was drunk and you were drunk and high." I stared at Dylan while he just kind of looked at the ground while we walked. 

"I just have this prime problem of not being able to tell her no, especially when she gave me the same look that she gave me last night. Distance yourself from her while we're there. I don't care, but that shit that happened last night isn't going to happen again. You've got too much of a potential to end a relationship that is way too important to Delia. She will kill you if Jordan stops talking to her because of you. Remember that." I shivered slightly as I recalled watching Delia fight with Jordan only once. It was terrifying and I thought their friendship was going to end and quickly. They were both so opinionated and stubborn. Fortunately it turned out the fight was simply over the best hockey team. They both lost that fight. Jordan picked the Washington Capitols. Delia picked the Nashville Predators. Last I had checked, they both sucked, but I gave them something to fight about together. Everyone hates the Pittsburgh Penguins.

We sat in silence, not looking at each other as Delia walked back. She slid into her seat next to me. I slid my hand over her knee as she leaned on the arm rest between us. I couldn't help but smile as she pressed her lips to my cheek.

"I love you, Cole," she mumbled sleepily as she rested her cheek against my shoulder. I sighed happily as Dylan got up, walking away from us. I gently pushed my fingers through her hair as she pulled her business book into her lap, papers peeping out from between the pages.

It had only been another fifteen minutes when they had called for the boarding of the plane. Delia and I were standing in line with our fingers interlaced. Both of our bags were slung over my shoulder as she held onto our tickets. She rested her head against my shoulder. We got closer and closer to the front of the line. After another few minutes we were walking down the boardwalk towards the door of the plane. She had taken her bag from me, pulling it over her own shoulder. We waited for people to move out of the isle as she stood behind me, her hand still in mine. I thought slightly that I had imagined her other hand sliding into Dylan's as we pushed our way to the second to last back isle of seats. Six hours on a plane with Dylan was not going to be fun to me. He always got restless after a while. I pulled Delia out of the way so Dylan could sit in the window seat.

Delia slid into the seat next to him, pushing her bag to the bottom of the seat in front of her as I slid into the seat next to her. Dylan already had shoved the window cover up so he could watch them load the luggage into the plane. Delia gently took my hand in her other as she pushed the arm rest up in between us. I felt her pull my arm around her shoulders as she settled into my side. The sky outside was getting dark already. She sighed softly as she set her cheek against my shoulder. I rested my head gently against the top of hers as Dylan pulled out his phone, quickly typing out a message before changing his phone to airplane mode.

I watched him quietly as he rested his head against the plane wall. He was quiet again, keeping his hands to himself as the lady at the front started over going instructions of how to work everything on the plane. I sighed softly as I felt Delia's thumb graze over the back of my hand. Even after things like last night happened, she still had a way of assuring me that she wouldn't love anyone else. I turned my head slightly to press my lips to her forehead. She looked up slowly as the plane started to pull out of the gate. She pulled away from me slowly, pulling out her green and black weaved blanket before pulling it over the two of us.

I really did love her more than my entire life. If I had to choose between her and this part, I knew I wouldn't have any other choice than drop acting all together. I just prayed that it didn't come to that. I sighed happily before I fell asleep with my arms draped around her, Delia was exactly where she needed to be.