Playing the Villain *America*

WARNINGS: a bit dark, everything is sugarcoated. Not intended to be hurtful.

----------------

You sneak around the calm, peaceful, unsuspecting neighborhood. It was that time of the month again. The time were everything just kept building up and building up until, finally, snap. Blissful insanity.

As you approached the certain house pushed up onto a small knoll at the very end of the one- way street, the only thing across your mind was the sight and smell of metallic blood. You wanted revenge. What have these poor people done? Nothing. And that's what made the wicked grin on your face to spread to an even crazier one. It pulled and stretched your skin, making it look sharp and that of a rabid animal. Those people living in the cute little ranch knew nothing of what was wrong with the world. They were oblivious to the wrong doings of this present day planet. Which is why you decided you would drop by and teach them a lesson.

It was easy to slip inside the house, for the stupid couple always left their front door unlocked. You would know- you had watched them for quiet some time now. That was how you did things. It helped release the stress that had built up. You would find your prey, watch it, learn its ways, and then move in for the kill. The thrill just eased your tense muscles. To add sugar onto the cake, you were enlightening people to not be so clueless as to what goes on around them. In your own twisted way, you thought you were bringing the world justice. To put in your own words, you were the hero.

Which is why you had to kill the nice people. Which is why you took out the wife first by approaching her silently as she waited for her husband to come out of the bathroom. Good girl, for she was quiet. Always a pleasure when the first victims don't ruin the surprise for the other one. The husband was just as easy. In fact, he was even easier to kill than the girl. With your business being done, you picked up your things and left the house like a silent breeze- leaving no trace of your existence.

---

"What's wrong, Alfie? You've hardly touched your McDonalds, and that is very unlike you!" You pipe in a concerned voice, taking a seat next to the wheat haired boy you called your best friend. He sighed in response before answering you with a small smile. An unusual smile for the American to be wearing.

"Oh, just the usual, (Name). Work has been super tough lately. So many people have been killed, and we haven't had any leads and-" He pauses and collects himself. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't even be telling you."

You pout, masking the secret gleam in your eyes. This is good. No one has found out. No one is even close! You think to yourself. Of course, this isn't the first time the police department- which, the man sitting next to you is a crime scene investigator for- had been slumped. However, you decide to press the subject a little bit further. "Aw, I'm sure everything will work out. Maybe it's the same guy as always. I'm sure a hero like you can finally crack this case!" You knew it was a lie, for you never left any clues behind. You found it to be a waste when criminals left little 'signatures' at a crime scene. It made it easier to find out who you are, in your opinion.

Upon hearing your encouraging words, Alfred jumped up with an enthusiastic grin. "You're right! This hero will be able to crack this case." He pulled you into a bone crushing hug, and then ran out, shouting how he was going back to the office. You just laugh to yourself and lean back, turning on the television to see if your latest victims show up on the screen. After all, someone as clever as you deserves to be shown their work and be praised.

---

Nearly two weeks had passed since your last rampage, and the police department had basically given up on all hope. They had no leads, nor did anything else related to this one mystery killer happened. One heroic police officer- Alfred F. Jones- wasn't giving up. This unnerved you greatly, but when you questioned his motives, he just said it was his heroic instinct telling him that more bad things would happen to more innocent people. What unnerved you the most, however, was that he was calling in his brother from Canada, Matthew Williams. He is one of the best detectives to have lived on this earth. He could solve practically any case.

How you would have loved to just strangle Alfred right then and there, but, of course, you couldn't. For at that moment everything would fall into place and you'd be in jail in no time for all of the murders you have committed. One mistake, and your whole empire could collapse. To prevent this, your mind started formulating a plan.

---

You counted down the days until Matthew arrived. Of course, he took the fastest flight he could and was there within the next day. Just great. "H-hello, (Name)." The timid man greeted as he placed the remainder of his luggage on the bed. It seemed he had brought a lot of stuff, which you didn't know whether or not to just seem confused or... what? However, the stereotypical Canadian had packed maple syrup- literally, two cases full! A couple questions crawled through your mind, like, 'How the heck did they allow him take that on the plane?' But, you actually chuckled and let your guard down.

"Why so much maple syrup? I know Alfred already has plenty!"

The Canadian sighed and rolled his eyes, obvious that he was displeased with the question. "Alfred buys Aunt Jemima. Talk about low quality maple." He pulls out a glass, maple leaf- shaped bottle. "So I bring my own everywhere."

With his reply you burst out laughing. "Oi- I like Aunt Jemima!" You defend the syrup.

Matthew slaps his forehead in disbelief. "You're just as bad as he is, eh?" You giggle some more. Matthew mock-glares at you. "What's so funny?"

"Y-you just said "eh!" That was like, super Canadian of you."

"Shut up."

"Anywho, I wanted to invite you and your brother, wherever the heck Al is, to my place for dinner tomorrow night. As a celebration for you being here with us, even though the circumstances are... Less than spectacular. What do you say?"

Matthew smiles his sweet, shy smile. "I'd love too. Alfred will probably want to go too."

"Great. See you tomorrow!" You left after that. You wanted to run some "errands."

---

Dinner had been going along well- you had made enough food for Alfred to be full and you and Matthew to eat plenty as well. Things were going great- but you just had a smug feeling that things were going to be even better in a few- Beep. Beep. Beep. Be- "Yo? Ah, dude I'm- wow. Okay. I'll be right there." Alfred jumped from the table. "Sorry guys but I have to run. Eat dessert without me but Mattie- you better bring a slice back home you hear?"

You stand as well, going to walk Alfred out. "It's a shame you have to leave Alfie- and before dessert! Next time, okay? Goodnight and be safe!" Wow, you played the host card so well you almost fooled yourself. Of course, you hadn't really been expecting Alfred to get a phone call from work, but sometimes you just have to improvise. Besides, it beats the plan you had originally. Now it would just be you and Matthew. You peeked out the window, watching Alfred drive off, before you returned to your seat across from Matthew's. He gave you that shy smile of his upon your return, but you just shrugged it off, a cold, dead look in your eyes. "Cut the crap, Matthew. I know you've figured it out by now. Unless..." You trailed off, picking up the steak knife that had been lying idly next to your plate. "Unless you aren't as good as they say?"

Matthew's grin grew wider, a more twisted look now covering up the sweet one you'd grown to be used too. In honesty, you were a little put off, but you knew the insane game well. He spoke. "Of course I knew. What are you going to do? Kill me now?" He snorted. "I'm not surprised. In fact, let me help you." Matthew stood and held his arms out wide. You kept your harsh gaze on him, masking the confusion expertly. What is he pla- Wham! You fell to the ground, feeling a warm slick mat your hair down. Who's blood was that? Who's screaming? Why is everything so blurry?

Straining your eyes to see better, it all clicked. That was you on the floor screaming. That is your blood. Suddenly, two figures came into your fading vision line. One was made out to be Matthew, standing a bit farther away, but the other was looming so close you could feel his warm breath fanning your face. He had tan skin and eyes hidden behind tinted sunglasses. In his hand, he held a bloodied baseball bat that looked like it had been used before. He was familiar, and that's why he shocked you. In a weak, cracking voice, you manage to mutter is name. "A-alfred?"

The man in questions shot you a wolfish grin. "Did you think we wouldn't find out, (Name)? Did you think you could really get away with being a villain? Babe, you don't know how to play villain." With one last look to your face, Alfred and Matthew disappeared from your sight and before you could even ask how, your world went black.