Chapter 1: Reality Strikes

Marinette's POV

Thoughts were whirling in my head; I couldn't get my head straight. My breath hitched as I processed what I just witnessed. I stood there, completely frozen and my muscles starts to stiffen each second as their body movements' synchronizes perfectly. They held unto each other so lovingly, pure affection was shown. I choked out a small sob, gaining their attention. They averted their eyes, prying on me as the male abruptly pushed the female away. Regaining my consciousness, I started walking backwards frantically, only to stumble on my own foot.

The male made his way to me, revealing his features as the light illuminated unto him, making his way away from the shadows of the dark, gloomy, pitchy classroom. After carelessly stumbling down, I was on the floor, staring as his figure slowly confronted me. His blonde hair was all ruffled up, I examined closely. His lips were swollen a tad bit, and his shirt seemed like it was being roughly gripped on. He walked closer, approaching me.

"Marinette... I'm...I-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I deliberately ignored his voice, his voice filled with guiltiness and regret, as I stood up not saying a word.

"Marinette..."

I glanced up, shooting him a look that penetrated right through his soul. His eyes widened, displaying an expression of pure shock, while mine were filled with sorrow and grief. I turned on my heel and took off, sprinting down the stairs, away from him, away from the classroom, away from school, away from reality. That's when my eyes started to tear up. I gripped on my purse as I ran with full speed, quickly jogging down the stairs. I turned my head to catch a quick glance of him, and he just 5 meters away from me. I pounced, skipping 5 steps as I landed on the floor with a wham and jolted off quickly. I took a sharp turn, heading for the girls toilet where he can't reach me after I locked the door. I remembered clearly, that the bathroom has a window somewhere up there where I can escape from there. Alas, I reached the bathroom door, frantically turning and twisting the door knob as my heart raced.

Then it struck me.

The door.

Was.

Locked.

I banged on the door, desperately hoping it would fly open. But by then he was already closing in. I took a quick glance and found my escape, but just as I was going to take off, he got a grip on my arm and yanked me back, pinning me against the door.

"What do you want Adrien?!" I practically screeched.

"Marinette, stop," he begged, panting after that long chase. I deadpanned him, struggling from his grip.

"Let," I was pushing him away, kicking him abdomen, but he wasn't reacting, "Let me go, please..." He locked his eyes with mine.

"No," he answered bluntly.

"Adrien...." I whispered, my lips quivering, referring back to what I just witnessed and demanded, "Why?"

He didn't respond.

"You know I liked you! Right?!" I stared into his piercing, emerald green eyes that looked at me with no emotion. "This... this is so unlike you. I can't... Just-- Why, Adrien?" I was on the verge to break down. "Remember when I confessed? You told me to patiently give you time to sort it out. Of course I knew that you fell in love with another girl, but... I wanted to make sure if those feelings that I felt for you would make you feel the same about me...."

He clenched his fists. "I don't know what to feel about you."

My breathing tensed. "Just tell me! Do you like me, or not?" I ordered him with a raging voice, tears slowly streamed down my cheeks.

"I'm trying to sort it out. I do, but I like another girl, too..." he replied truthfully, his voice seemed hurt.

I pushed him away with my all the strength I have left, which made him stumbling away. He didn't bother blocking my way, but stood there, emotionlessly as he faced the floor, muffling out a grunt.

"From all the girls, you like Chloe, that 'other' girl you like?! I thought you were better than that! She is a jerk, she bullied me and she..."

"No, I do not like her!" he fought back, clenching his fists as a tick formed on his forehead.

"Then why did you kiss her?!"

He couldn't answer that.

I hissed, wiping my tears. "I gave you time, and this is what I get; all that suffering weeks you've gotten me through. You should've told me! Oh, was that it? You told to meet you after school to have a personal chat earlier this morning didn't you? Was the chat about the feelings about her? About Chloe? Either way, you didn't have to kiss her to show you showed to affection towards me! That's just.... Cruel!" I fought back, my voice overpowering his as it echoes through the empty school.

"I don't like Chloe! She just..... And I..."

"If you want to chat with me,  then do it properly! You've already made me suffer much more than I needed to!" I snapped at him.

"Marinette I'm sorry. This didn't turn out how I wanted it to be. Chloe just suddenly made a move on me, but I didn't intend to.... join lips with her. But I gave in, I couldn't dissapoint her, she's been my friend and-"

"Dissapoint? I've been through more than that. I just- I... I can't believe you, you're.. you're not the same guy I use to know. I can't look at you the same way, I can't-- I'll never look at you the same, ever! You're... you're a plain jerk!" I slapped him across the face, I ran away from him as he stood there, unable to react. I rushed out of school, heading straight for home. My lungs weren't able to breath properly, so I stopped by a bench at the park. While taking a rest, I calmed myself down as I slowly let the darkness engulf me, drifing into a short nap, escaping reality for a little while.