chapter 8

I rushed to KFC and ordered some chicken nuggets and drove to Steve's place. Mrs Knox opened the door, I greeted her and made my way to his room.

*knock knock*
No response.
D: Steve it's me.
S: I don't want to talk to anyone.
D: Steve I have your room keys with me so  am coming in anyways.
I opened the door and saw him laying on his bed.

D: Steve why did you leave?

S: I don't know. I am feeling low.

D: I think I have something which can make you feel good.

I threw the packet of chicken nuggets in front of him and his face lit up.
Yea he loves chicken more than anything. If I am drowning and there is a KFC right next to the place I am drowning he will definitely choose chicken.

 If I am drowning and there is a KFC right next to the place I am drowning he will definitely choose chicken

(Steve and Darci eating nuggets)

S: These are amazing. God you know me so well.

D: You lil nugget first tell me why did you storm off of the club?

S: I don't know and let me enjoy these first. So shup!

I widened my eyes and playfully slapped his arms.
He started laughing and continued to eat his nuggets.
After he finished his nuggets he placed his head on my lap. That is what couples do generally but we do a lot of things together and I don't feel awkward at all.
He closed his eyes.

S: what would I do without you Darci! You surely know how to cheer me up. You are my best friend and whenever I feel low don't forget to bring nuggets.

D: Steve!! You should thank Jesus not everyone has a smart BFF!

He hmmed. I think he was way tired cause after few minutes he was snoring.

God he looks so cute while sleeping. He is my best friend, his heart has way many scars  for me to scratch my name. I can't do this. I cannot fake feelings for Grayson.
I will confess Gray about Steve tomorrow.

*other day in school *
I entered school with Gray.
G: Hey! You look pretty today.
D: Thanks! I need to tell you something.
G: I go first. I am really thankful I have someone like you in my life I really love you.

D:  I love you too!
I faked a smile and walked off to my Spanish class.
Mr Simpson taught us Spanish. He was a child in disguise.

Mr Simpson: So class today we have Ms Stella Saunders with us. She moved all the way from Australia and I hope you all welcome her and  accept her.

 She moved all the way from Australia and I hope you all welcome her and  accept her

(HAILEY BALDWIN AS STELLA SAUNDERS)
Stella was pretty. She was skinny and had shoulder length wavy hair. She had ample of make up on but she slayed it. She sat next to Steve. They were talking to each other the entire class. Am I jealous again?

During lunch we I mean me, Steve, Stella and Gray sat together.

Steve: Darce this is Stella! We know each other since kindergarten but she moved to Australia during third grade. We were best friends then.

Stella: We still are Stevyy.

Wtf!  I am his best friend. I don't want my emotions to take over now.
Steve laughed and kissed her cheeks. She blushed and started doing cheesy moves. God I hate her already.

Steve: you are my best friend Stella. I missed you so much.

Now I couldn't control any longer. I rushed to the gym class and broke down. I realized my eyes were wet due to tears.
Someone patted on my shoulder I moved around and it was Gray.
He hugged me and I cried a bit more.

G: It's OK Darci.  I know you love Steve. I could see it through your eyes. Don't worry we will do something.

D: Am sorry Gray and thank you so much.

Vote. Comment. Share